• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

what's this sensor called

jamesmason

CEG'er
Ok I don't have a camera so I copied and penciled in an arrow and circled it as well. I got the pic from one of SleeperZ’s posts. it's located on top of engine passenger side right in front of the strut tower. to further clarify it goes into what appears to be a vacuum line that runs right over the upper engine bracket pretty much over the timing belt. looked all around for what it was. the ford dealership people couldn't tell me what it was (they kind of suck here.) what happened to it you ask? the wiring harness doesn't have any slack to it so when the engine rocked it sheared. Help please. I wanna replace the sensor and I'll probably rebuild the wiring harness with one from a junkyard. I would like to delete this and put it into the General troubleshooting Catagory if possible.

Attachments

• sensor.jpg
    sensor.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Confirm if it is the 45 degree sensor. If yes, it is the PS pump switch.

excellent, I couldn't tell and there wasn't a part number on it so, anyways I'm gonna go get that fixed. thanks again and have a good one

About six or seven years ago, mine started leaking. Took me a while to find the source of the leak. So I took out the switch and went to the dealership to replace it. Turned out I had to buy the tubing and all just to get the switch. :crazy: Hope that won't be the case with yours.

Back