• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

GREEN Jack Point Access Cover

iBrent

Veteran CEG'er
So I let my mom borrow my car for 1 day, and what happens?

-- Parking lot hit-and-run. Hood dented and light cracked
-- She drives it off a curb and breaks the passenger side rear jack access cover.

She's going to pay for both which is fortunate. I went to TeamFordParts and found the access covers. Unfortunately they're only available in Silver, Black, and Red. I need one in Amazon Green. Now, should I buy one from Bill J. and have it painted? How much would it cost to have it painted Amazon Green and which color would be easiest to paint over?

So I let my mom borrow my car for 1 day, and what happens?

-- Parking lot hit-and-run. Hood dented and light cracked
-- She drives it off a curb and breaks the passenger side rear jack access cover.

She's going to pay for both which is fortunate. I went to TeamFordParts and found the access covers. Unfortunately they're only available in Silver, Black, and Red. I need one in Amazon Green. Now, should I buy one from Bill J. and have it painted? How much would it cost to have it painted Amazon Green and which color would be easiest to paint over?

I am 99% sure that they only come primmed even though the website says that they can come in colors. I know this for a fact when it comes to the side skirts, but I believe the jack covers don't have the color option anymore either.

So get it in primmer! :)

Find a used one and take it to the body shop when you get the rest fixed.
Tell them to spray it while theyre spraying the hood....

when i bought my car a year and a half ago i bought a black painted jack point cover. at the time they still offered them painted. i bought one this last fall again, and the painted ones were no longer offered. of course i painted it myself and you would never know what one i did ;) they actually do not even come in primer either, mine came in bare plastic.

I am 99% sure that they only come primmed even though the website says that they can come in colors. I know this for a fact when it comes to the side skirts, but I believe the jack covers don't have the color option anymore either.

So get it in primmer! :)
x2 i had to buy a side skirt from them and thats what bill said...he said they only carry primmed ones now...

Amazon Green and Tropic Green are the exact same color. Ford just changed around with what they wanted to call it.

Team ford parts is non-primed / non-painted and I think it's around $33 bucks before shipping. I just talked to one of the guys a week and a half ago. He was super cool and even gave me some tips in case I planned on auto-x or time attack. :)

Back