• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How to install Mirko Splitter

debos99csvt

CEG'er
I just receieved my Mirko today and was wondering if anyone had any directions on how to install it. Please inform Thanks

1- Have a friend hold it in place on the bumper.
2- Drill a hole through the mirko and bumper on each corner.
3- Insert bolts.
4- Tighten nuts.

Enjoy the beauty!

there were no instructions on it cause i bought it have used. I seem to think it might be a little bit more complicated then drilling holes on the corners because it does come with metal supports and i don't want any bolts to be showing

well that is going to be impossible unless you mod it to the bumper ... the metal brackets attach to the mirko, if you look carfully they are plugs you drill out ... then they mount to the subframe and you use the two smaller bolts at the ends through the mirko and the bumper ....

you can paint the bolts to hide them or even use dzus fasteners if you choose ... they can also be painted ...

I seem to think it might be a little bit more complicated then drilling holes on the corners because it does come with metal supports and i don't want any bolts to be showing

:rolleyes: Well geuss what?! Its not! Mine is held on by a bolt/nut combo on each side, that is all. Those bolts MUST be in the corners, nothing else is necassary, that means you can toss those brackets in your junk pile.

My mirko has seen triple digits multiple times. No problems whatsoever, and no stress on the fastening points.

When you say in the corners do you mean underneath in the corners??

See the screw in the picture. Thats where you need one on each side.

DCFC0235.jpg

use the brackets provided, im sure albert mirko wasnts a retard to design/provide those..they are there for a reason, it will look like this

1-22.jpg

i had the brackets on mine, but then took off the splash shield so i uninstalled the brackets. Ive just been running the two nuts on either side as well as the double sided tape for support and to prevent scratching for a couple years now. Works fine.

well that is going to be impossible unless you mod it to the bumper ... the metal brackets attach to the mirko, if you look carfully they are plugs you drill out ... then they mount to the subframe and you use the two smaller bolts at the ends through the mirko and the bumper ....

you can paint the bolts to hide them or even use dzus fasteners if you choose ... they can also be painted ...
I was looking at mine last night and I couldn't see the plugs. Any harm in just drilling where it suits me?

I'm thinking of turning the outer brackets towards the corners since they are too long as they are to point straight forward. That way I only have to cut the middle bracket.

Back