• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Nozzle Mounting

Matty K

Hard-core CEG'er
I feel kinda stupid even asking this, but I'm actually really confused. I have a NOS Shark 2 wet nozzle, which is the standard 1/16" NPT thread. I had hoped to tap it into the accordian hose directly, but obviously it won't thread into the rubber very well. I had considered a nut, but they don't make them in this thread, and there's the awful possibility of it getting sucked into the engine, so that's out. So, I'm left with getting a hard pipe, it seems. Can anyone verify; if I order the AEM intake, is the wall thick enough to thread my nozzle into once it's tapped?

Thanks guys! So close to spray.... just gotta get it running again.

usually the nozzle comes with a fitting, that has two nuts and one has a sleeve on it. they thread together (one on each side of the intake tube, whatever it may be) and the inside is threaded for the nozzle. i could take a pic of what i'm talking about if you do not have one you will need one. they can be found at any performance shop and even some auto parts stores that provide high performance accessories that are readily availible.

i just drilled into the stock accordian tube and then siliconed the nozzle in. Its under anyways so you cant see ****.

Its ghetto but it works. Best way would be spraying into the TB just behind the plate.

usually the nozzle comes with a fitting, that has two nuts and one has a sleeve on it. they thread together (one on each side of the intake tube, whatever it may be) and the inside is threaded for the nozzle. i could take a pic of what i'm talking about if you do not have one you will need one. they can be found at any performance shop and even some auto parts stores that provide high performance accessories that are readily availible.

What you described is what I posted...a bulk-head fitting.

I feel kinda stupid even asking this, but I'm actually really confused. I have a NOS Shark 2 wet nozzle, which is the standard 1/16" NPT thread. I had hoped to tap it into the accordian hose directly, but obviously it won't thread into the rubber very well. I had considered a nut, but they don't make them in this thread, and there's the awful possibility of it getting sucked into the engine, so that's out. So, I'm left with getting a hard pipe, it seems. Can anyone verify; if I order the AEM intake, is the wall thick enough to thread my nozzle into once it's tapped?

Thanks guys! So close to spray.... just gotta get it running again.

I don't know if it will work for you, but I put my nozzle into the molded rubber fitting on the right side of th eaccordion where the tube from the rear valve cover vent goes. Then I aimed it at the TB. Then I just made a T fitting for the crankcase vent tubes and hooked them into the other side of the accordion. No cutting.

I don't know if it will work for you, but I put my nozzle into the molded rubber fitting on the right side of th eaccordion where the tube from the rear valve cover vent goes. Then I aimed it at the TB. Then I just made a T fitting for the crankcase vent tubes and hooked them into the other side of the accordion. No cutting.

That's a good thought, too. Looks like I'm in luck, NOS finally released a bulkhead fitting for their nozzles at Jegs. So I can use the stock accordian, awesome!

Back