• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What year is my contour?

reallybigshoe

New CEG'er
I don't have the title to my car. It's at my parents house. I don't know the year to my car. Does someone know how to find this based on VIN or manufacture date? I have a late 99 MFG date.

Check the underhood vehicle emissions sticker. It will have the model year on it. If it is late 1999 it is probably a 2000 model year.

By the driver's door, there should be a label with the build date. If not, then look through the windshield on the driver's side. You will see the VIN. Read the 10th digit from the left of the VIN. Y=2000, X=99, W=98, V=97 T=96, S=95

By the driver's door, there should be a label with the build date. If not, then look through the windshield on the driver's side. You will see the VIN. Read the 10th digit from the left of the VIN. Y=2000, X=99, W=98, V=97 T=96, S=95

Dang it's a 99. Was hoping for 2000. I wasn't sure because it does have the "sport" sticker which I thought was a 2000 option.

Dang it's a 99. Was hoping for 2000. I wasn't sure because it does have the "sport" sticker which I thought was a 2000 option.
Could be a late 99 and they started using "parts bin" from 2000. There some things which are not supposed to be for the 1996 (maybe 1997) that I am discovering that I may have a part of (but not complete as mine is a late 1996).

My 97 has a sport sticker on the rear left portion just above the bumper, I think they made "sport" additions for a good chunk of the years the contour was in production. I know mines based off the GL trim level there could be more though.

The "Sport" package dates back to late 1996. It was not just offered in 2000.

After the early 1998 run, the Sport was a V6 only package. 1998.5, 1999, 2000, the SE Sport is sort of a continuation of the older SE.

I said "sort of", so don't start quoting how the 1995 SE was 'much sportier', we all know that.

Back