• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I went to visit my brother...

1.Thanks!!!
2. I didn't realize noone was supposed to reply to the thread.
3. I agree, I haven't heard of a fast contour yet. I don't understand your relevance thing, because what does a fast or slow contour have to do with my post or that civic?

Again, open forum, open opinions. Deal with it.

People have posted pictures of their cars (including me) and people post whatever their opinion is about them. I bet you have before. We shouldn't say what we think because it is a civic? Or because it has a turbo? Or are you only allowed to have opinions? Should I clear what I want to post with you before I post it? Can I have more than one friend? Will you be my friend? Do you drive an old person's car? Do you like pie?

You said "(who cares if it's turbo'd, it ain't fast)," which leads me to believe that if it isn't fast, you don't think it's worthy of posting.

To answer your questions: No, No, No, Yes, If that's possible, No, 2 of them, and yes. :crazy:

Mark

I appreciate all the positive comments and the constructive negative ones. I am glad that most people see where I was coming from. I was not posting to start a fight I apologize that I got so defensive. I just thought some other car enthusiasts would enjoy the car. Froggy I am done letting you get under my skin, you are acting like a child, obviously have nothing better to do with you life than insult other peoples cars who are better than yours.

I also find it interesting that i have posted pics of both our cars several times and gotten great responses but as soon as he puts on a turbo kit and becomes a threat his car is rice and weak.

Just for the record he has put a lot of work into his car. I am going to give my best attempt at listing it out. edelbrock intake manifold and throttle body (i believe), msd ignition, fidanza flywheel, ____ clutch (i cant remember the brand), turbonetics t3/t4 hybrid, greddy e manage, VIS carbon fiber hood, carbon fiber mirrors, auto meter phantom gauges (boost, oil pressure, water temp), apexi exhaust, test pipe, suspension stuff (springs, struts, and a camber kit), I am sure that there is more but I can't think

Oh and collage kids are kinda like college kids except with less money so they couldn’t afford to buy the other vowels.

(if you cant tell i can't spell for the life of me good thing i am not an English major) mark, thanks for calling me out on it ;)

Needs more Dom Toretto.

vin_diesel_8.jpg

Or more this kid.

hondatool.jpg

Last edited:
I appreciate all the positive comments and the constructive negative ones. I am glad that most people see where I was coming from. I was not posting to start a fight I apologize that I got so defensive. I just thought some other car enthusiasts would enjoy the car. Froggy I am done letting you get under my skin, you are acting like a child, obviously have nothing better to do with you life than insult other peoples cars who are better than yours.

I also find it interesting that i have posted pics of both our cars several times and gotten great responses but as soon as he puts on a turbo kit and becomes a threat his car is rice and weak.
My comment was meant to be constructive. I don't enjoy that car though I do understand why you posted it. But you shouldn't expect everyone to love it, and some people (like me) have no problem saying what they find faulty with it.
I should have never gotten under your skin in the first place. I don't understand how stating my opinion is childish but ok. I'm childish then. And I wasn't exactly insulting. I said build the engine and get a bigger turbo. That implies that I respect it enough but that it just ain't much of anything right now. Sorry if you get butthurt over that. Oh yeah sure it's worth more than my cars and faster and junk. I ain't trying to make my fwd cars fast or my heavy rwd one for that matter. Different strokes for different folks.

I don't quite follow you with what you mean... "becomes a threat"?

I beleve he means by being faster then our cars

Wesley
Oh. I don't really drag race and I don't think I'm drag racing his brother any time soon so it threw me off. But I guess if we were forced to drag race or something I could spend $300 on a nitrous kit and get the job done. I win the money and the respect. To some people, that's more important.

Oh and collage kids are kinda like college kids except with less money so they couldn’t afford to buy the other vowels.

(if you cant tell i can't spell for the life of me good thing i am not an English major) mark, thanks for calling me out on it ;)

LOL!!!! Glad you have a sense of humor!! Seriously, that's friggin' funny!! :laugh:

Mark

Back