• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

opinions wanted on photoshopped interior

hotdimmes

Hard-core CEG'er
OK, I'm in the midst of redoing my interior. Last summer I sprayed the vinyl on my door panels black. This spring/summer I'm going to be replacing the door panels/seats with mb ones that will actually be dyed black(I swear I'll be buying them soon tony!) The question is what do I do with the top piece of the door panels. I hate the way the dash doesnt flow with the rest of the car so I came up with this. I went with a lexus tri tone kinda look. I'm not crazy about it, but i think it might turn out ok. Just wanted some opinions:

DSC00279.jpg

The problem is that the dash is already a different color than the door panels. You midnight blue guys don't have to worry about that but any one else with a 98+ knows what I'm talking about. All I would be doing is color matching the top piece to match the dash.

poor styling decision on ford's part. It would be better if it was a complete contrast, like black dash with light door panels or something. The dash is just a crappier shade of the rest of the interior.

As crazy as it sounds, if you've got leather interior, setting them up two- toned like the Milan, combined with that interior work would look incredible, IMO. I really like the two- tone interior if it's done tastefully. I think it makes the car stand out just a little bit better.

Back