• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pin Stripe Removal

svttouruofl

CEG'er
I was wanting to remove the pin stripe on my car but I really have no idea on how to go about this. Is there an easy way to do it or am I going to start getting into messing with the paint and stuff. Any info would be great.
SVT002.jpg

Thanks,
Zack

Last edited:
I took mine off with fingernails and a hair dryer... took FOREVER!!! do it on a warm day.. that always helps!!

I also paid my lil bro like $10 to help.. haha...:shrug:

I don't think mine lasted through the 1st weekend I had the tour.:laugh: Mine just peeled up all as one piece (per section). My wife caught me doing the pass. side& raised hell, so the drivers side had to wait till the next weekend.:laugh: ;) Hey, it's not her car anyway.:laugh:

My '95 SE had a pinsripe , and I kinda liked it . It was a 2-tone stripe (two seperated , thin stripes) , black on bottom , tan on top (interior was tan leather) on a teal blue car . Didn't look bad , IMHO .

If you want to save yourself some labor and sore fingers, you can always order a stripe eraser for your drill.

i was going to recommend the same type of thing.
you can get them at any automotive paint/bodywork supply store.
they are about $10 and will take that stripe off in minutes with no damage to the paint.

it took me 1.5 erasers and about 3 hours to take all the vinyl off my crown vic.
its an ex-police car and had tons of vinyl on both sides, the eraser worked great!

Thanks for the info. I'm looking into getting the eraser. And mine may have possibly been put on by the previous owner. He is one of the top detailers in the area.

the only thing you might run into is the paint fade. if its been on there for a while, you might be able to see a color difference between where the pinstripe was and was not. just buff the car and it should go away. but the eraser works wonders, i used them at the dealership i used to work at. i was in the paint department, and i used it on everything that was sticky or adhesive. just dont jet it get to the metal ribs near the center, or say bye bye to the paint.

who the hell ever thought pin striping would look good on a damn contour...:nonono:

Back