• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Interest Check, Florida Meet

SVTFLEA

CEG'er
I have been doing a bit of preliminary research for the possible meet in March (staying overnite 3/10) in the Orlando area. I found several hotels in the Kissimmee area for less than $50 a nite on Travelocity, most with reputable names (HJ, Days Inn, etc.) I can probably call and find out if there are any other discounts if we have several people stay at the same place. I also found a 7 bedroom (sleeps 16) rental house for $250 a night right next to a park. The park is Lakeside Park and it looks nice. Its kinda hard to tell for sure because the website is not very detailed.
Lemme know, guys!

Hey.. This would rock.. March 10th is my B-Day

The house sounds like a great deal.. 10 people.. that would be $25 each !!! Can't beat that.

Last edited:
Hey.. This would rock.. March 10th is my B-Day

Is this sarcasm? I mean she is your wife from the signature.:rolleyes:

Sounds like a good idea but is this a weekend meet or a day meet? I don't have any problem with either. I need to make up for my absences from last meet that I'm still mad about.

That decision hasnt been made yet. We are up for either also. We are just trying to find out how much interest there would be in a meet for that weekend, then if there is enough, we will go forward with the plans.

Im down for this one since the tour broke down on me the night before the other meet. at least this one is only like an hour away from my house.

Im in for this meet..Tours running strong still..orlando is about 3 hrs from me..Im not sure if i would stay over night yet..This retal house how big of parking is there??..If we get alot of people to come are we all going to fit?..

I just found out that I might be out of the country the week of 3/3 -3/10 so I dont think I am going to be able to go. I have important family matters that I must attend to at that time. Its also coincides with spring break at school so its the only time I can get out of the country. Sorry guys well see if things change though.

When ever will work for me...Would anyone like to come over on a saturday night for a carshow here..??..Ive been wanting to get some contours to come no luck yet..There held every saturday night.

I am willing to attend another meet. I even think this is around my spring break. The rental house sounds nice!

March 10 or 17 sounds good to me. Also April 7 or 14 (altho' by the 14th we might be getting pretty hot). I think the house would be fun (car washes in the driveway?) if we get enough definite people, but the hotel would be a more predictable cost, it wouldn't go up/down when people suddenly couldn't/could come...

Orlando is not that far of a drive, 3-4 hours depending on how many times you stop or how slow you drive. I do it in 3 and 1/4 stopping once and holding 80-85mph.

Ok, guys, how about the weekend of April 14? I know gulfcat thought it may be too hot then, but I dont think it will be that bad. Lemme know!

Back