• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New Black Headlight

Contouratic98

New CEG'er
Anyone out there able to find better headlights?? I keep seeing people with black one and hightowered headlight??where can I find them

There is no headlights available that are any different than stock. Everything you see on here is custom.

Search and you shall find.

Anyone out there able to find better headlights?? I keep seeing people with black one and hightowered headlight??where can I find them

There are custom headlights like mine i just did.These below are hightowers.Are your hazed really bad?
Picture748.jpg

headlights

headlights

we'll I have a 98 Se that i just put a svt engine into and the car was outside for like a month. So the headlights are hazed alittle on the top, but they look pretty ****ty all the way around...how did you do that..??

we'll I have a 98 Se that i just put a svt engine into and the car was outside for like a month. So the headlights are hazed alittle on the top, but they look pretty ****ty all the way around...how did you do that..??

Split the headlights and paint the silver trim inside that comes out..Or you can remove the chrome of it and it will reveal to be black then just clean it up and clear it and reseal the headlights..Theres a few how-to's on how to bake open the headlights in the old forums and the new ones..I would reccomend read about them some and read alittle about the hightowers and then go for it..My one headlight is still leaking some i need to go and reseal it.

head lights

head lights

yeah i tried to split them, but I didn't want to get into it right than..Whats the best way to split them, I was unable to find the article in the "how to".
Thanks

Warren
98 se mtx
Bored SVT
Trubendz borla exhaust
weapon R intake

If there OEM's baking them remove every screw you can and trims at the top.place on a baking sheet oven should be at 250 i wanna say..Someone correct me if im wrong bake for less than a min and try to pry some and just repeat this process dont bake to long you'll melt the caseing and crack the lens.Since i have Depot headlights OEM knock offs but still look nice i was able to use a hairdryer and pry open..

headlight

headlight

after trying the oven a couple times, i notice that the chaulking around the lens was still rock solid, the hair dryer wouldn't work either. Let me know what i'm doing wrong??

I just went and read on the Old Forums one person mentioned baking at 12-15 mins..Seems kinda long but keep an eye on it while you do it dont let anything start to melt.Or crack..If you have a dremal you can use them to break the seal.

headlight

headlight

Thanks for the help man, puts it in pics..i like pics. I'll give it a try and well see what happens

mine were off white. i just pre heated the oven to 250 i believe, and then put it in for 3-4 minutes. prying all around, and sticking it back in to reheat the glue. after the lense was off, i still put it back in for 3-4 minutes for a few times to soften the glue and pry it out. it was easy. time consuming but easy.

Back