• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Tons of SVT Contours for sale...

they're a sight to see....

the Addams family. Sorry, when you said they were a sight to see it reminded me of the Addams family. :shrug: :help:

We really need to see some pictures then. Make sure to get one of the family for us too. :laugh:

My 99 se was given to me, wrecked.

I've spent:
500 on body kit
300 on new "behind the bumper parts"
150 on new headlights
and 50 on a new grill

so thats a 99 se with 70,000 in the works for 1000.

paint will run me another 300, im getting in line for a turbo (2600), BAT suspension another 700, and a stereo will probably be dont for around 500.

we're talking 5100 for a quick sharp ride.

not bad.

I bought mine in May of 2005 with 112k, an 1/8" deep by 3" long ding in the right rear door, rust on the bottoms of all of the doors and bottom of the trunk lid, a worn 3rd gear synchro and some sorta mild front left suspension shake thing that I am still trying to figure out. I paid $5000 for this car...I think it is safe to say that I shoulda looked into it a bit more before I bought it and I def coulda gotten a better car had I waited...but I still love the darn thing. I still don't know what it is like to go down the highway at 65mph without the steering wheel vibrating tho...

Last edited:
?????

?????

I'm the guy who bought the much talked about red 99 svt for $5,000, and yes it was the one in lansdale, pa. Do you guys know something about this car I don't? Please let me know! The carfax checked out, the mods are documented and installed by a shop, and it looked and drove fine.:help:

The story behind it is the previous owner, a tool, got a big inheritance and had his own business, so he dumped a good chunk of change into this car and everywhere else. Well, his business went under and he was broke. The custom shop held the car because he owed them some money still for all the work. The $55,000 was the car, paint, parts, and labor, probably half the cost going to labor. The car was for sale at least 4-5 months with the price dropping. He really wanted to sell, so I got it for $5,000.

That was some discussion. 10 pages of tention with apologies at the end. I'm going to touch-up the paint and align the body parts, no big deal. The paint looks better then most cars this age.
The bluebook for this car is $6,489 private seller in good condition, so $5,000 with the mods isn't a bad deal. I don't beat cars (anymore) so it should last me a long time. You take a gamble buying any used car, especially with mods, but I though it was worth taking. I hope to prove myself right.

That was some discussion. 10 pages of tention with apologies at the end. I'm going to touch-up the paint and align the body parts, no big deal. The paint looks better then most cars this age.
The bluebook for this car is $6,489 private seller in good condition, so $5,000 with the mods isn't a bad deal. I don't beat cars (anymore) so it should last me a long time. You take a gamble buying any used car, especially with mods, but I though it was worth taking. I hope to prove myself right.

well...does it run well?? I mean, my biggest thing about that car was the condition of the motor. Being a 3L and supercharged. I can count on one hand how many people on this site i'd trust to build me a motor like that -and the seller of that car isn't one of them.

It just brings back memories of this guy who bought a turbo SVT (IIRC). It was charcoal gray in color. It had a few problems, but when he really started taking it apart he realised how messed up it really was. Welding wire(s) in his downpipe for example.

The other thing that put me off was the 55k in mods line. Buckshot has the most money in his car of anyone on this site and he's not even that high. And his SC'd contour is put together alot better than the one you have.

Even including the price of the car new, it still wouldn't add up to that.

I hope it turns out well for you though. If I were you i would atleast make sure the motor is tuned properly.

The seller outsourced the engine rebuild to an engine shop, he just installed it at his shop. So far it is fine, runs really cold though. It warms up at idle fine, but when I drive the temp drops low. That is my main complaint.
I am planning on having it tuned after I install a DHD and SC pulley.
I saw the bill, and a good $30,000 was for labor charges. Any problems I have will be seen here in the future. Hopefully they will be few and far between.

I hope people start getting higher prices for their SVTs, makes it better for me when mine goes up for sale soon! Its actually a good thing for all of us as owners, welcome it.

dont' see it happening. the only cars that demand a high price, are the "high profile" heavily modified cars. liek suniels that went for like 15k IIRC.

dont' see it happening. the only cars that demand a high price, are the "high profile" heavily modified cars. liek suniels that went for like 15k IIRC.
No, the guy backed out and he ended up with 10.6K from another person.

"yeah, well the buyer that was willing for $15k then backed out, I did second offer him, but no dice. . .so I drove the car until now, and I just got BENT OVER. . .like literally BENT OVER. . .I'm resenting my PhD program so MUCH right now, because the way it was supposed to go down was that I would've graduated LAST December and started making real money to pay for the modifications. . .the money I get for this car will just tide my minimum payments until I graduate this december (boy am I getting drunk then!). . and then ironically, I'll STILL be paying for my car, that someone else will be driving, many years later out of school. . .

Can you talk about a bargain basement deal? If you parted my car out, you would be able to make easy $10k on it. . and it sold for $10.6k. . . I guess I learned my lesson, don't modify cars, buy them factory prepped. . .more of an option now of these days, with the SVTs, SRTs, Sti's floating around (back then, there weren't any real forced induction options, back in 1997!). . . I guess I'm part of the last generation of modders that did it from ground up, piece by piece, with a lot of research and of course cash to have the right people to do it. . ..

at least I'll go down in history as one of the only modified CSVT's with that must twist coming out of it
. . ." Suneil.

Bought my 98.5 TRed SVT last year for $2,700 with a shot clutch... had to tow it home from the purchase, but it was/is a super clean nice car with the seats, carpet, and SVT floormats in mint condition! It was dropped on newer Koni's with ground controls, and many other mods.... exhaust, dmd, underdrive pulleys, optomized thottle body, intake with mustang GT MAF, extra tires, winter wheels with blizzaks, aftermarket speakers and headunit, and it had a 1 year old professional paint job! Oh, and I can't forget about the custom Hella projectors! :) I then put $700 total into my SVT to get a rebuilt MTX 75 with Torsen LSD, fidanza flywheel, steeda short throw shifter, and a brand new spec clutch. Yes I got a steal on all that stuff! Then my car got keyed and I got a $5500 brand new paint job a few months back with a new front bumper and sideskirts...

So basically, I only have $3400 into my dream ride! :) And the best part is NO CAR Payments!!!

Last edited:
I hope people start getting higher prices for their SVTs, makes it better for me when mine goes up for sale soon! Its actually a good thing for all of us as owners, welcome it.

I doubt that will happen. Look at some of the posts in the "how old are you" thread. The cars are becoming cheaper and cheaper, more younger people are buying them. I think it would be a very long shot to see the CSVTs become a "collector" car. That would be the only way they would appreciate in value.
Unless you got someone with the knowledge and passion of the cars like people here on CEG, don't plan on making money off your ride.

I know, its wishful thinking. Right now people aren't getting anything. For what some people are getting I think I could part out/junk my car and make that much money. If prices sink much lower Ill be selling mine in pieces :blackeye:

Back