• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Tons of SVT Contours for sale...

Pale Horse

Veteran CEG'er
Just did a random search for SVTC's on Autotrader and came up with 52 matches. There are even a few CEG'er cars on there. There's on SE with the SVT motor swap and CF1 Cowl hood. Ton's of 'em out there if there are any buyers. Most of them are way over priced though....

Bet it isn't as overpriced as my E0 was with 142k miles on it.

My ass still hurts from that stupidity.

Last edited:
Mine was $6k three years ago with 58k on the clock. It was a pretty good deal at the time and would still be decent now.

i bought mine a year and a half ago with 12,000 miles for 8000. not a bad deal until i sunk a lot more than that into it by now.

i paid $4100 for mine with 105k on it and a horrible body. still cant figure out the cel after about $3000 invested into it. i had the best techs in buffalo working on it.

Silver frost 2000 svt, paid 7k with 85k on the clock a year and a half ago. Should have paid less but I still am happy.

ive been looking for a svt for a little while now, more than most on auto trader are a bit overpriced, but im looking for one to fix, i work at a dealer and no contour svt's have ever been traded in there. if you know of any that are cheap and in ....at least semi-drivable condition. id be buyin. most ive seen are too far away and dont want to drive or ship it. :(

You were the original owner though, right?

second owner. It was 13,900 for the car..plus interest on the loan so that came to just a hair under $20k for the car.

$3500 for the transmission mods
$1500 for the rims
$1200 for the stereo
$400 for the brakes (which wasn't bad at all)

and then all the extra stuff i had and misc repairs. if i were to whip out a calculator i'm sure i would find 30k worth of expenses related to that car.

this is why the cobra is being bought with cash. that car payment every month is a fuggin' killer.

Last edited:
got mine for $1900 a couple years ago in MINT condition with the regular SE steel rims with all season tires, a seperate set of snow tires, and my michla rims and kuhmo summer tires. .

Back