• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Denver area apartment?

Steeda...

Something Like a Professional
I have been offered a different position with my company. Where in denver are the good places to live? I turned down a possition in New york becuase it didn't really appeal to me. Atleast in CO i can go skiing and stuff.

Lakewood a nice area?

Last edited:
Denver

Denver

Where is your job ? There are a lot of great area's in Denver but the best plan is to be close to your job, rush hour sucks and you will want to be close to work. Welcome to CO, and hope you like snow, this year is a record ! -B.

I love snow its actually one of the few reasons i wanna move there. we have three offices in Denver area. Aurora, Wheatridge and broomfield

We're working on the final details like moving expense's and such right now.

Lakewood can be hit or miss. I tend to think Aurora is a bit more ghetto-fabulous, unless something's changed from when I lived in CO. Wheatridge? Don't know much about it. One of my good buddy's on the police force for Wheatridge, so you're in good hands. ;)

Take heed to Blackwiddow's advice: fear the rush hour. Live close to where you work, you'll be thankful!

I live in the subarbs of detroit now. Im not worried about denver rush hour at all :)

Wheatridge isn't too bad, A-town can be hit or miss, but if you want to avoid the city I would try for the Broomfield area. It's a little north of Denver, but is easy access to the events in Denver. Also the area is a little calmer and more likely to have a garage, and it's a quick drive to I-76 which will take you to the mountains. That's my two cents in about a year and a half(graduation) I will be in the same boat as you are.

Denver

Denver

Ok, Highlands Ranch and Lone Tree are the highend area's of Denver, far south of Denver. Lakewood is hit and miss, you can find nice things, they do have a hood area. Thorton is nice but it is far Denver. Golden puts you right up at the base of the mountains and has some nice areas, and some bad areas. Denver is hit and miss, 6 blocks one way, great area, 6 blocks the other and you better watch your wheels. I am sure you can find something nice close to your work without an issue, good luck ! -B.

Denver

Denver

I like the lone tree area, Ive never felt uncomfortable around there. If that lakewood complex has a gate and a garage, I would look at it, good price and it looks like a clean place. I would check it out before you sign on the bottom line. Best of luck -B.

The lakewood place doesn't have a Garage, and no washer and dryer hookups. Right now its between a place in highland ranch and the lone tree place

Road course? I need to get some practice in before Spring Zing. If i move hopefully i can make it down there

Emo is only in Denver Metro, not Springs or Pueblo. I have a guy for good high flow cats here in Pueblo if you need cats to pass Emo.

Yes it is Road course racing, thats all I do. 1.3 mile course, 10 turns, lots of speed. I hit 130mph on the back stright, its a blast. We also rent the track out ever month in the summer, about 10-15 of us, you can run all day on those days. The 18th of March is a NASA event. Not a ton of track time, about 2 hours in an 9 hour day, but a lot of awesome highend cars. Hope to see you out there. -B.

I heard they are doing away with emissions, I don't know if that is just in Fort Collins or all of Colorado. Good luck with the move.

Another good thing about Golden, besides the mountains, is you can get 3 free beers everyday from the Coors brewery, assuming you like Coors. The Blue Moon is so fresh you don't even need an orange.

Taylor - I thought you were living in Greeley? What happened? Too stinky, old, and generic/corporate for you? (I know it was for me!)

Back