• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Saw this SVT the other day....

Coutes

CEG'er
So i was leaving the mall the other day and noticed this SVT (I live in MA). It was the first SVT I have seen in the area in which i live so of course i got excited and went straight to the driver. The dash was custom red and i was kind of liking the wing a little bit. I asked him where he bought the wing from and he said that it came with the car which was just recently purchased. I was just wondering if that was anyones car from this site. Also how do you guys feel about this wing.

svtwithwing.jpg

Also sorry about the pic....it was taken on my verizon envy

I could have sworn I've seen a few cars on this site with that car. I know there was a Silver Frost with it. Isn't it like a touring wing or something?

Anyway, not my style...but it doesn't look bad.

Unless he sold to someone else, I'm almost positive that's gpupp's car from Boston. He only has 7 posts from back in 2005.

It was Kappa2006's car from Rhode Island before that.

yeah too angular for our cars IMO. That svt looks a little too low for my tastes. Without the wing it would be nice though. And why is he in a handicapped spot? haha

There was a guy in Ohio that had that same setup...that exact touring wing on a 98 EO with stock wheels. I'd need to check my pics at home from some of our meets years back...

I can tell you the wing is a PITA with the power antenna...as the antenna must be down to open the trunk.

And why is he in a handicapped spot? haha
Might have a friend or relative who is handicapped. I have a friend who is legally blind and has a parking pass you can stick on the rearview. (Kinda funny since eyesight has nothing to do with physical mobility constraints, which IMO is the point of the handicap spots.)

</captain obvious>

I hate those big wings. Especially on the contour.

Off topic.........I spotted a E0 black csvt in the richmond, va area this past weekend. Anyone one on here from that area?

the more i look at it the more i dislike it now? I think the only reason i thought i liked it was because it was the first time i saw one on the contour in person!!

there was this guy in hamburg ny selling a t-red with the touring wing. where are you from again?

Back