• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Oil Pan Mod

Geddup Noise

CEG'er
Most of you are aware of the oil starvation problem with the 2.5L Duratec.

I heard about an oil pan mod that would solve this problem but I don't have any information on it.

Have any of you done this? If so, are there any how to's?

As I understand it, the problem lies in the heads, ie, not enough drain back ability. An oil pan won't help with that. I do remember reading somewhere that Ford did upgrade the oil pan, but you are still left with the problem in the head.

it helps keep the oil from shifting in the pan so much so the outer ends of the crank (rod bearings mostly) do not starve so easily on turns. the oil still gets held up in the heads....but a good prevention is the accusump oil accumilator and the upgraded pan. BAT inc. sells the upgraded pans.

Oil starvation problem, not so sure it's as prevelanet as everyone makes it out to be. There are no real conclusive facts about the conditon of the engine before any of these failures, nor is there any conclusive facts about how and when these bearing problems came up.

Oil starvation problem, not so sure it's as prevelanet as everyone makes it out to be. There are no real conclusive facts about the conditon of the engine before any of these failures, nor is there any conclusive facts about how and when these bearing problems came up.

Nobody can nor will guarantee anything.

But on this site www.contour.org, we do subscribe to the oil starvation problem for the Duratec 2.5L; that is, we do feel it is a problem and an issue.

Back