• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Few questions

95kobrah

New CEG'er
Hey guys and gals (i think there may be some gals here?) anywho, just a few quick questions about the 'tour.

1. Where do you guys get most of your parts? Im looking to do a few basic things to my car...
a. Headlight "eyelids"
b. The extra part for the cupholders that makes it deeper
c. Probably leave the mufflers stock but get some nice 2.5-3" rolled tips

2. Anyone ever have this problem? when i put my defroster on my car tends to want to die, the rpm's drop real low, sometimes its stalls, sometimes not, its really annoying, especially when i go to warm her up in the morning, come back outside and the car is off again.

3. Is there anywhere that sells the "SVT" emblem that looks just like the ford oval for the front of the car or are all the ones ive seen custom fabbed.

4. My sunroof is stuck shut, just makes a glorious grinding noise when i try to open it, is this an easy fix (im relatively mechanically inclined) or more work than its worth?

Im hoping to get some of the bugs worked out over the summer when i can drive the Cobra again, and maybe paint the 'tour, but for now i just wanted to get some advice from the experts. Thanks in advance!

MYSVTS.jpg

Nice rides, 1. Someone else needs to answer that 2. sounds like a vaccuum leak. 3. Ebay dude. 4. Plastic Gear for sunroof is worn.

a. eyelids are usually painted on. Although there was a group buy awhile ago for fiberglass lids.
b. If you can still get them, they come straight from ford (IIRC)
c. Just get some magnaflows... you wont regret it.

Other questions were already answered.

PM parkedcar about the eyelids.I had mine painted on didnt like it..His prices are good..And for the front overlay i believe he might do them aswell..Not sure..I got mine off ebay..

plastic sunroof gear is stripped out. i hear its a pain to fix but not expensive. the eyelids, yeah. parkedcar. i have them painted, they look good to me. sounds like a plastic line on the intake manni for the heater controls is messed up. if you have a vaccum leak, and you use vacum controlled features (defrost, heat w/e) it can make the IAC starve and it will idle erratically and want to die, often times dying especially when the car is cold. take a pic of the engine bay if you cant find anything. the small lines are on teh back side of the manifold and there are 2 on the top (plastic lines). make sure the EGR has the little green line coming off the solenoid too. if that's gone, it'll always idle like crap though.

How is it a pain to fix the sunroof motor gear?? Its fairly easy. What you could do is start going to junk yards and looking for contours with sunroofs. 60 bucks for a plastic gear is to much. i went to the junk yard and picked one up for free. it was almost new. And the ones you can get for 60 bucks are not any better. Mine lasted about 5 months before melting. There is a How to fix somewhere on the old forum i think.Ill see if i can find that for you.

Back