• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How not to slam a Contour SVT

LLADNAR

CEG'er
IM000698.jpg

here is one of how far back the floor has been pushed,, see the console overlaps itself

IM000697.jpg

here is one of the engine with the new angled at 45 degrees mod,, i am sure it will catch on:laugh:

IM000701.jpg

tough to see by the last pic but the floorpan is on the ground,

and for those curious it hit a truck that was stopped going 80mph it belonged to a friend of a friend, he did survive baraly, broke many things hand, wrist, sturnum, and cut up bad. youd be surprised how good of shape the front bumper is in, the mesh grill and fogs are untouched

Eww blood, I hope he pull through with no il effects.

Also this is the first time I've heard anyone get hurt in a Contique. But at 80 mph into a truck I'm not suprised, nothing on the road would leave you unscathed.

Also this is the first time I've heard anyone get hurt in a Contique. But at 80 mph into a truck I'm not suprised, nothing on the road would leave you unscathed.
Someone on here broke his neck flipping his '95 into a ditch. Took months of therapy and rehab (I think he was in a coma?) but he was eventually back online to describe his ordeal, and I think started driving again soon after. Luckily there was no paralysis.

I'm amazed your friend survived ... 80mph!!! ... Definitely one of the safest cars I know of. What happened, did his brakes fail or he just not see the stopped truck?

well it was at night and it was basically a classic case of follow the lights,, it happens all the time, people that are zombified tend to follow lights on cars and trucks and at times it will lead you right into a parked one. oh i need to take a pick of the seatbelt latch it is about 3 inches longer than it should be. and the guy is fine now, he is actually the one that delivered the car to me.

I got dibs on bumpers since the front is in good shape. :D J/K.
Good he is ok now. I seen in our news paper a while back a high school kid NOT wearing his seatbelt 95 (iirc) Contour got T-boned by a truck flipped into a ditch and died right there. That was the first time I heard someone get hurt (or worse) in a Contour. A few weeks later I went to a junkyard to look for parts for mine and I think I seen that Contour sitting in the junkyard I go to it was tore up BADLY! I bet if that kid were wearing his setbelt he would of just ended up with a few broken bones.

But at 80 mph into a truck I'm not suprised, nothing on the road would leave you unscathed.

an enzo would break in half and the two pieces would go around the vehicle. theyre already working on design that would merge the two pieces back together immediately after impact.

damn that contour is f***** up! that looks like a scary accident. glad he's ok (relatively speaking of course) from that :eek:

here is the seatbelt,,,just shows how much force invovled

IM000706.jpg

and here is inside the very broken glove box

IM000711.jpg

and this is one of the few parts of the car with no damage,, but the impact was enough to make the grill fly out of the bumper

IM000707.jpg

Glad to hear that the "friend of a friend" is OK!
Nasty crash!

holy incredible! Hope your friend heals w/o any long term damage.

BTW -- I need a rear SVT bumper badly if he ends up wanting to sell anything later.

well it is my car now and everything but the motor is for sale, and i do have the centers for the E0's just didn't want them stolen

Wow

Wow

YEah I just totaled my 98 SVT rear end of my car the other day spinning out and going backwards into a ditch. I got some good whip lash from it but that looked like alittle more injury was involved but I know how he feels. The good thing about my crash if you want to call it a good thing is that the front end meaning the engine and under hood compartment is in great shape because I jsut put a brand new dealer trans that has 5,000 miles on it and a new engine from the dealer that has around 30,000 miles on it so if anybody needs parts interior is mignight blue or engine trans parts there brand new, but so yeah sorry to hear about it and hope hes alright.

Back