• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Local Help Needed.....

Suba Blu

Hard-core CEG'er
I'm pretty sure that the majority of everyone in the WI forum knows that I will be purchasing M!key's CSVT soon... (YAY)

Before I pick that one up from him SVT #2 is currently at the Shop getting all the hail dents out before we sell it to a friend of mine..

Once it comes back I'd like to have the sunroof gear replaced - it grinds when you click the button to close it (once its completely closed) - I'm assuming that means the gear is shot?

Can someone help me replace this? It sounds a bit too difficult for me to do on my own from the directions I've read...

Free Meal or Free Beer to whoever can help me out.. :)

I'll place an order for the gear shortly... SVT #2 should be back in my possession in a week or so...

thanks!!!

Pole found a good motor for me in a Chicago yard. Seems like messing with the gear can cause issues. At least fomr what I've read searching. A lot of people haven't had issues with the gears on Ebay.

Pole found a good motor for me in a Chicago yard. Seems like messing with the gear can cause issues. At least fomr what I've read searching. A lot of people haven't had issues with the gears on Ebay.

I'm with Todd on this, from what I've read the gears are not worth their price.

Chris, I'm most likely heading down to Chicago in Feb to hit up the u-pull-it. If i were you I'd put a good motor in the car you're selling and wait till i can find you a replacement, and do without a working sunroof for the winter....like you need it anyway. I can get you a motor fro like $10...verses $60 for a gear.

The sunroof motor in my SVT came out of the yard in Chicago...got it free and it's been working perfectly for over a year.

****Edit****

I do recall a thread where someone called up the company that makes the motor or sunroof assembly and they sent them a replacement gear for free.

I'll search and try and find the thread quick.

****Edit****

*****Found It*****

Last edited:
****Edit****

I do recall a thread where someone called up the company that makes the motor or sunroof assembly and they sent them a replacement gear for free.

I'll search and try and find the thread quick.

I tried this with no luck. I didn't catch where someone got one. Wish I saved my email. The motor was built in Germany and hard to get parts from Europe. Just better to find a junked car.
Maybe Reebs has one in the car he bought from BIGBEN. Worth a shot.

I found what I believe to be a U-pull it around here that I'm going to hit up before the end of the month. I believe it has at least one tour with a sunroof and I intended on pulling a motor for myself anyways. When I go, I'll see if they've got some good motors or not.

I found what I believe to be a U-pull it around here that I'm going to hit up before the end of the month. I believe it has at least one tour with a sunroof and I intended on pulling a motor for myself anyways. When I go, I'll see if they've got some good motors or not.

I would show up, if it is on a day off of mine just to throw in my $.02 you don't have to feed me either.

I found the junkyard while driving through Brillion. I called them last week and none of their contours have sunroofs and they are no longer a U-Pull (although I bet they were at one time...). They have a crapload of Contours though, so I may be making up a shopping list for them.

Back