• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

another TRUBENDZ rant

TRicker

Hard-core CEG'er
i seriously have the worst fitting trubendz exhaust system. it will not go together far enough inside eachother to make it short enough to turn around the gas tank. in that particular area it sits 2" lower than the rest of the exhaust, because the end where the "tee" is for the "dual exhaust" isnt straight, so if i crank that end up where it is supposed to be, it is all crooked in the back. what should i do to fix this pile? cut it in a couple places and reweld it straight? i dont really have those types of tools......its lame!

me and KyleQ are going to revamp mine tomorrow. i guess he owes me one after pulling out his trans and installing it once he had the LSD put in! :)

this is why I plan on never replacing the exhaust on my svt unless I have too! I think I may just replace the mufflers and put a glass pack in place of the resonator.

On the flip side...I have had 2 trubendz systems and Everything went together fairly well. The only problem I have encountered was having to heat up and bend the hanger on one of the tips so that they would sit centered in the svt cutouts.

i just test fitted mine. didnt fit so i just used a pipe expander and all was good. the odd thing was that it needed to be opened up alot.

My experience went well. Just a bit of crookedness in the passenger tip I fixed by having the tips hanger welded to the body.

Yeah i just had mine installed last week, went together very poorly. I'm glad I didn't do it myself in my driveway, because i would've driven around with no exhaust for weeks. Ended up having to take off a hanger on the drivers side tip, because it was 4 inches off, and rewelding on a new hanger, the middle sags like hell, everything is shifted over like an inch so it doesn't sit well in the exhaust cutouts, and had to put a slight bend in right after the flange so that the muffler didn't hit the heatshield.... oh what a nightmare....

Yeah Jeff, do you have the "quality" SS tips? I'm kind glad that i didn't get them. I opted to get some of the 3 inch magnaflow straight cuts, I think they look much better! Hopefully I'll learn how to put the pictures up.

-Jon

Picture

Picture

Here is a picture of my car from the rear. Hopefully I loaded it right...

Attachments

• Full Rear.jpg
    Full Rear.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 0
i got the straight SS tips.. kind of feeling the love with the mag tips though.. can't really replace them unless i cut the off from all the way under the car, then ran some more pipe, then put the tips of my choice on.

2424902_15_full.jpg

Last edited:
I really thought about the SS tips they normally have on them, but I thought they were too Camaro or Mustang-ish. I wanted a more European look or stock looking appearance. Man how do you like the short-throw shifter, I've been debating it for some time, just don't know if it is worth it for the type of driving I do (primarily highway, with some around the small town area while at school).

-Jon

i got nothing to compare it too.. i got the B&M with the car already installed.. but, i love it. its nothing really compared to other short throw shifters such as an my buddys old eclipse GSX or say a 350Z.. completely different worlds. maybe someone who has a SVT contour who did the swap might be able to have a say in a difference..?

Yeah mine seem like a mile compared to my friends SRT4 with a short shift. He has like maybe a 3-4 inch throw max, whereas i have like a 6 or something, but ill let someone else who has done the mod and seen both sides of the spectrum chime in

Back