• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The old whip

Reminds me of my old 89 LX! But faster... much faster.....

Still, we had some great times in the heyday of NNJ (like when the PA guys decided they were NPA!, I decided we were becoming NNJ%). But then one man made every other Probe seem obsolete (and my car broke WAY too much). Gentlemen, ladies, small children, I give you: FallGuy.

fallguy-sg80.jpg

He WAS running a FE3, but apparently he's got a mother****in' 2JZ in their now.

http://www.totalrpm.com/car/572

Whoa. Holy crap. That thing is mean looking. I remember seeing vids of a guy who was running low 11's with his black 88-89. I wonder if it was him. Only problem with them is the same as with contiques, once you're makin decent power it's hard to hook up I don't think a real LSD was made for them, at least not one that was widely available.

heres my old PGT.. i liked it alot.. but when it started breaking i sold it...also...lol i should have kept it. The exhaust manifold bolts got stripped in the head, and the spark plug threads were stripped as well...:(

Probegt5454002.jpg

They're fun cars, but yeah, too expensive and difficult to fix.

....so naturally, I moved on to a car that's harder and MORE expensive to fix.

dairdevyld, that must have been FallGuy, he's the only one to ever get a first gen below 12's (to the best of my knowledge); apparently, when he swapped over to the 2JZ, he converted it to rear-wheel drive. Prolly solved a few power-transfer issues, haha.

I owned a white '89 GT turbo, and it was a blast to drive. They pull very hard under boost. The torque steer will pull the wheel out of your hand! I too wish I hadn't sold mine. I sold mine with 194,000 miles and it still pulled harder than my CSVT!

....so naturally, I moved on to a car that's harder and MORE expensive to fix.
For me, the Contour was cheaper to fix than my '95 Probe GT ... well, at least it broke less and the problems were more easily recognizable.

he converted it to rear-wheel drive. Prolly solved a few power-transfer issues, haha.

i was going to say.....those wheels look kinda...:ponder:

i never liked the first gen probes but that fall guy's car looks pretty good! i dont care for the hood but the wheel set up definitely makes the car look better.

my ex had a 94 mx6 v6 5spd. lowered via eibachs on 17s. that thing was a blast to drive. shouldnt have sold it :nonono:

I loved mine... awesome digital old school dash. Both first and second gens have good engine swaps available, FE3 on the former and KLZE on the latter. But yeah, the huge drawback is they're difficult to troubleshoot and repair.

Not sure if she will even talk to me or not....but I can call her dad.....ex-friend (dont ask) has a 95-96(?) PGT 24v V6 sittin in her driveway....minor body damage (needs a quarter panel replaced) and doesnt turn over (turn the key you get the sharp "CHANK" of either a locked up engine or bad starter/flywheel problem). Might let it go for a couple hundred bucks.....oh...VERY LOUD (hole somewhere) exhaust in the front...I can check on it if need be.

Back