• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Contour on ebay Interesting

Yeah complete sarcasm. I hate people that mark-up cars with false numbers. The worst part I think is when it's done by people that didn't actually do the work, pay for the original work, or even plan the work that has been done. IMO the only person that can truly ask more for a modification is the person that did the work themselves and painstakingly worked to set their work a step above everything else or to get something that has never been done accomplished.

Dealers know that modifications don't add to value. A purely stock form of the vehicle will always bring more value to the table. These people are just holding out for that one person to come along so they can take his head off. Eventually they will either dealer trade it or send it to auction if it doesn't sell.

Well it won't add any value when they get the car from trade-in, it's when they resell the car, they sometimes try to mark it up.

Dealers know that modifications don't add to value. A purely stock form of the vehicle will always bring more value to the table. These people are just holding out for that one person to come along so they can take his head off. Eventually they will either dealer trade it or send it to auction if it doesn't sell.

Honestly if I was in the market for an SVT and I could confirm this was timless' old car (and where it has been since he got rid of it) Id seriously consider it. Id even pay a bit over 'book'. The car has alot of quality modifications, and the trunk is swapable.

Its funny everyone bashes it for its price and saying its not that nice, but its a hell of alot nicer then 90% of the cars on this site!

I don't really think anyone doesn't think it's nice, but I honestly don't think it would be worth $12,000 like the ad wants. Would it be worth a little over book? More than likely, but again...not $12,000.

hit_it_i_would_go_klingon_on_that_ass.jpg

3rd time this has been posted. Pudmunkie is correct.

I do agree with Alex, a bit over book value is reasonable for that car. It's in very nice shape and does have some quality mods done to it.

I do agree with Alex, a bit over book value is reasonable for that car. It's in very nice shape and does have some quality mods done to it.

I agree, but for 12k..... maybe like 9k is more like the price range for this car.

last time i checked the B&M short throw for our car came in around 170 to 180, not 255

$225CDN is what they go for!

"over $500 for both the SPEC clutch and flywheel."
I paid $800CDN for my Spec3 clutch and flywheel plus shipping.

Aaron

Last edited:
I agree, but for 12k..... maybe like 9k is more like the price range for this car.

To put it into perspective, I paid 9 grand (quite a bit over book) for my car about 1.5 years ago. It was only lightly modded. Id drop 9 on this car, 10 if I was in the same prediciment I was the last time I bought my SVT ( wrecked car, 1 week to find a replacement ) :laugh:

Also I assume that a bulk of those prices are CDN

Aahhha... Canadian prices, that makes more sense to me now. Thanks Aaron!

Seriously, if someone is interested they should try to make a deal with these people. That's a nice ride.

Yep CDN prices kill ya! It's cheaper for me to send parts to Pudmunkies house and pay the $50gas and drive 3.5hours to pick up the car parts. Customs was nice enough to charge me $45 in customs charges on a $92 part :(.

Aaron

I agree. He even came on here before saying that. Mods do not up the value of a car like dealers seem to think they do.

mods generally devalue a car, because it gives the next owner the idea that they have been beat to ****. I work at a Ford dealer and i do used car recon sometimes and if they come in with mods they leave stock or they go to the auction. its just not worth the effort to try and sell a car like that

it looks like a dealer trying to sell it.. i checked KBB on our cars.. in excellent condition retail is only around 6000.. factor in after market parks.. and what not, you can sell it to a 16 year old in the paper for around 8000 at the most!

I'd buy it, sell the wing to one of the local ricers and get a mirko for it... *idea*

Its not a bad lookin' car, just the prices of the mods are way off...

Honestly if I was in the market for an SVT and I could confirm this was timless' old car (and where it has been since he got rid of it) Id seriously consider it. Id even pay a bit over 'book'. The car has alot of quality modifications, and the trunk is swapable.

Its funny everyone bashes it for its price and saying its not that nice, but its a hell of alot nicer then 90% of the cars on this site!

Honestly, I could count on one hand the number of people on this site i would buy a 3L off of. Nothing against the previous owner of the car, but it's impossible to speak for the quality of the work done to the car, and how it's been treated since he's owned it.

Hey guys? A couplah things....

-Anyone else think that shifter is AWFULLY tall for being a B&M? Mine doesn't stick up that high....
-Air Filter and MAF Adapter/75mm Chrome Bullet MAF - That's not possible. That MAF is designed with a flange for the filter; you don't need an adapter.
-1400 in gaskets?! Even in Canadian dollars, that seems ridiculous.

But yeah, someone rescue this thing (for a realistic price...).

Bid as much money as you want to spend on it and call it a day. :cool: Unless they told someone who called, we don't actually know what the reserve is. It could be lower than $12K. I think it's a pretty nice car even with the wing.
Karl

i went there and looked at the thing. the woman wouldnt let me drive it because she thought that i was just some punk kid. even when she clearly saw my svt parked next to it. the car is a piece of crap. i'll admit its a lot nicer than that red supercharged thing, but come on. $12,500!? i just laughed right in her face and walked away

i went there and looked at the thing. the woman wouldnt let me drive it because she thought that i was just some punk kid. even when she clearly saw my svt parked next to it. the car is a piece of crap. i'll admit its a lot nicer than that red supercharged thing, but come on. $12,500!? i just laughed right in her face and walked away

Must have been the same woman I spoke with. Ditsy lady?
Why do you say it's "crap"?
If I'm not mistaken, someone owned this car after Timeless.

Back