• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Trunk Pictures

JesusFreak

Hard-core CEG'er
Show off that custom install in your trunk...

Looking to build mine, and need a few more ideas before I go to town, if anyone has done what I am about to do, Im not doing it, but lets see the hard work, and the results!

I haven't shown off in a little while....

As seen in the October 2003 issue of Car Audio & Electronics magazine..
166133_71_full.jpg
Look here

or click here for my website.

what are you about to do?

building a drawer built into the top that slides out revealing the two amps, ,and then the three subs in a line through the center from back to front with the zex bottle on one side, and the battery, crossovers, and other stereo stuff on the other side.

then upholstering everything in black fabric, and silver carbon fiber vinyl.

I would like to show off my setup but I do not know how to reduce picture size down to limits set by the forum.
Frank

building a drawer built into the top that slides out revealing the two amps, ,and then the three subs in a line through the center from back to front with the zex bottle on one side, and the battery, crossovers, and other stereo stuff on the other side.

then upholstering everything in black fabric, and silver carbon fiber vinyl.

sounds interesting. i'm 99.9% sure that no one has done anything even close to that. i know i haven't seen an amp rack "drawer" yet, nor have i seen a sub comfiguration like that.

sounds interesting. i'm 99.9% sure that no one has done anything even close to that. i know i haven't seen an amp rack "drawer" yet, nor have i seen a sub comfiguration like that.

I've seen amp rack drawers before, both under the rear deck that slides out (in a friends MX6) and motorized from under a sub box (in my previous car).

It's been done, but it does make for a good space-saving option. Just make sure you also have fans to circulate the air and a place to get fresh air from so you don't cook the amps. Also make sure the drawer is as sturdy in its "out" position as it is when it is "in" otherwise you may be setting yourself up for problems down the road.

I've seen amp rack drawers before, both under the rear deck that slides out (in a friends MX6) and motorized from under a sub box (in my previous car).

It's been done, but it does make for a good space-saving option. Just make sure you also have fans to circulate the air and a place to get fresh air from so you don't cook the amps. Also make sure the drawer is as sturdy in its "out" position as it is when it is "in" otherwise you may be setting yourself up for problems down the road.

i meant in a contour. i've seen damm near everything in other cars lol.

ill be adding fans soon to my amp rack that sits up under the shelf its not motorized but you cant see it unless you look level with it. so far havent noticed it getting really hot.

Trunk is dirty and the lower row shows signs up abuse (the wife thowing stuff in the trunk. anyway the box is angled to match the slant of the seatbacks so the box can be used facing either way. its separated into 4 boxes inside - 3/4" MDF with liquid nails and screws. stuffed with polyfill. powered by a 9 band kicker EQ, a KX800.4 amp, and a 1.25 or 1.5 farad cap (cant remember and the sticker is gone).

it booms quite nicely, doesnt really take up much space for the amount of cone area this setup gives, and is definately something different.

Im selling the amp/cap/EQ/box/subs for 500.00 - local pickup preferred im north of tampa and northwest or orlando
auras001sl3.jpg

Back