• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Black CSVT seen on Hwy 10 in Coon Rapids, MN

CSVT#49

Addicted CEG'er
I was on my way home from work and I saw a black SVT heading west bound on Hwy 10. I take Hwy 610 to 47, then get off on the Foley Blvd exit. But I saw the SVT getting on Hwy 10 from 47. I had to do a double take because I don't see many SVT's. I thought I saw dual exhaust on it but it was so far off I didn't make it out until I was already on the off ramp to get on Foley Blvd and traffic caused the person to slow down on Hwy 10 so I got a decent look at it as I drove by on the ramp.

I'm not even sure if it's anyone that posts on here because I can only think of three black SVT owners that I've met at some point and I don't think this was one of them as TRicker has a pre98 trunk lid. Then the other two SVT's are nowhere near where I live, but who knows.

Yeah, I look for the usual signs, but it had the 2000 trunk lid with the spoiler and the stock rims. Where were you yesterday? I was home all day...

so was i! work is slow, you home today? well i guess its pointless to drive it now, it's all snowy out. and yeah, i have the pre98 lid, and FSVT wheels so it wasnt me. i wonder who picked one up!

Yeah, if you wana come over at midnight and do endless burnout on the wet pavement, be my guess :crazy: LOL, you'll have to wait until some weekend now, I think I may be doing brakes on a friends car this weekend, who knows. I've gota install my anti-sway bars I got from BAT as well...

Could have been a girl that was on the old boards. I can't recall her nickname, but her real name was Denise. I think it was something along the lines of "lilterribleone" or something like that.

yep! poor girl, she drove it the whole time she owned it with a non working IMRC box..... she just about cried when i drove it away. i'm supposed to call her and give her a ride once it's supercharged hehe ;)

Ah i see. Did she say why she sold it. I know at some point she broke-up with her longtime bf who had a lightning. I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

edit: Now you're selling it? How long did you have it? a year?

thats what she told me. she had a b/f when she sold me the car. she basically sold the car because it was either that or they took her newer and more practical mountaineer. she didnt seem like she wanted to sell it. she barely got any money after we went and cleared the lien. too bad :( she did give me a sweet deal on it, and was a very nice person to deal with. i looked at the car in the rain and told them i would take it. man it was beautiful too....and whoever says bad stuff about women drivers....the car was immaculate, and didnt smell like sweaty balls. win/win situation!

Haha, very true. She seemed nice when I met her as well. How long did she have it for? I was under the impression it wasn't very long.

she put a whole 2k miles on it in the year and a half she owned it. i may sell it, i may keep it. if someone wants to take it in and give it the love it deserves, i might let it go. i'm not really pushing to sell it.

Yeah, I heard that you were contimplating on selling it I was hurt. Keep the car, build the stang, and have fun. After I'm done timkering with the CSVT for the most part, I'd love to build a high 12, low 13 second Fox. Big 4x4 trail rig + CSVT + Fox = nirvana. Ford fan forever...

you and i both know that if i have a stang i wont finish the contour it'll sit around and get kicked when i walk by it....i dont know if i can love both at the same time! $$$ issues!

That sucks. You just gota know when to stop. After I get the sound system in, I'll look at doing the Wilwood break upgrade cause its cheap, and I'll call it done with some sort of forced induction/N20. Then I'll drive it for a year or so, and start on a Stang. :laugh: One thing at a time, although, my truck never stops getting upgraded :crazy:

yeah it seems that easy. but once you buy a FI kit, you need an exhaust. once you get the exhaust, then you need a good fuel system/tuning. suddenly you are fast but your wheels are boring so you need those too. then it looks liek a monster truck, and you alrady have one so you drop it. then, you are sick of the shifter, so you buy a short throw. then you get sick of wheel hop so you buy poly bushings. then you want more boost, but you need an intercooler. lol. it's a downward spiral into the money bucket lol

I know Denise, haven't seen her in a year or so, but I know her old BF too, Rory and he owns an '01 White Lightning. Good people, both of 'em. :)

yeah it seems that easy. but once you buy a FI kit, you need an exhaust. once you get the exhaust, then you need a good fuel system/tuning. suddenly you are fast but your wheels are boring so you need those too. then it looks liek a monster truck, and you alrady have one so you drop it. then, you are sick of the shifter, so you buy a short throw. then you get sick of wheel hop so you buy poly bushings. then you want more boost, but you need an intercooler. lol. it's a downward spiral into the money bucket lol

Im liking how the car is at the moment. Poly bushings may be a good idea, but I really dont want the harshness of the poly. This is my DD, not mr race car, I'll tinker with things here and there, but I dont want this to be anything like my truck, a never ending project.

Back