• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

this sucks ... I want some snow ...

BrApple

No Life But CEG
so much for getting any snow overnight like I heard friday when I last check out the weather ...

us_bos_closeradar_medium_usen.jpg

Snow would have been better than the ice we got here, although its only icing on the grass and stuff so far. The roads are ok right now.

bite your tongue!!!
The only good snow is NO Snow!!!
haha
yes i love skiing and other winter activities, but i can live without it!

i was up at sunday river over the weekend, its mid january and the did NOT have that much open, all the mountains are hurting this year, i hear NH had to file a state of emergency due to lack of snow

We got about an inch of snow, ice and other stuff up in durham. Kind of a mess. I really dont like snow, but oh well.

On the ride up here yesterday the mist was freezing to peoples cars. It was pretty cool. One big icicle going 65 on the highway. It was awesome.

I was hoping for a bit of snow too. If it's already 34 degrees out it might as well be a few degress less and snowing.

last time i looked outside it was pouring out and all the cars in the lot had a sheet of ice on them

Curse you people for wanting snow.:mad: I drive my car everyday so snow is not something I want to deal with. It just means I have to wake up a half an hour earlier to clean off the car. I don't have time to actually enjoy snow like I did when I was a kid so that probably makes me so biased against it.

hey may car sits outside also so I have to give some extra time for that also ...

but i don't think that the snow will be bad at all tomorrow ... people driving on the other hand ...

Its been so warm lately one of the bushes in the back yard has 2 or 3 flower buds that have bloomed.

This is going to be a super crappy year for bearing plants like grapes, apple trees, pear trees, peach trees, nut trees, sugar maple trees and even pine trees that make pine cones. These plants need to have at least 250 to 300 cumulative hours (preferably 400 or more) of below freezing temperatures during the time that they are dormant (when the leaves are off) to encourage the plant to convert the starches stored in their roots from the summer growing season into sugars that are sent up into the plant in spring. What's going to happen is the plants will bloom their flowers but they won't make as much pollen as usual (which is good for allergy sufferers) but the fruits they make will be less than normal, smaller and not as sweet and juicy, maple sap for maple syurp will have a more bitter earthy flavor than usual, pine trees won't have many pine cones, oak trees won't have many acorns, there will be less (helicopters) from the maple trees. Most vegatables won't be affected beacause they are anual plants in that they die every year after the first cold spell and need to be re-grown every year from seed.

This will also be a very good year for nusance insects. There may be epic numbers of mosquitoes, and other insects like grubs and chinch bugs (that attack your lawn) gypsy moth and japanese beetles (that eat the leaves from trees and shrubs) The same long term sub freezing temperatures that are benificial to plants are detrimental to insect populations becasue poorly sheltered eggs are frozen through and "sterilized" helping to curb the insect populations. We haven't had this long term freeze yet which leads me to wonder if I should be stocking up on OFF.

well I ended up having to replace my battery today ... it showed 12 volts after the car was run but load testing the battery with the high beams and fog lamps for a minute the battery didn't bounce back to 12 volts ... plus the weird thing this morning I lost the clock and radio memory but when I went out for lunch the car started right up ... anywho battery lasted since 2001 or so, so I can't complain ...

Back