• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

another clock question

SVTJON87

Hard-core CEG'er
ok guy i was hooking up my dash clock today in my 99 svt. i got everything hooked up and working except i cant get it to like up. i tryed the illumination wire and the dimmer voltage wire. still nothing. the pats like works so we know thats hooked up right. i can change the time with the key on, also the clock stays on with key out. so were good there. i do have it hooked to ignition. so how the f+++ do i get it light up? yes i turned my head lights on when trying. thanks - jon

edit: ok well the bulb is burned out. darnit anyway. did anyone ever get the part# for it?
but witch wire for the light? dimmer voltage or illumination? im using a after market head unit harness that is labled and a test light

Last edited:
well what Ohm and just a green one or what ever color i would like?. also how do i hook it up to the base and witch side is the anode again? and witch is positive? thanks

Well if you want to do an LED mod to your clock, the color is your choice.

I used two LEDs in conjunction with a resistor to illuminate my clock, turned out great! I could take a pic if you want. Also it only took about ten mins to do with barely any history of soldering. The only thing you have to do to prep the clock is to take the green filter out of it. You can find lots of LEDs on eBay for a steal.

Heres an nice diagram of a LED:

Led2.PNG

thank you for all the information!. i just ordered a new bulb. i do have a long history with soldering. man i cant stand the face that i have forgot alot of my automotive electrical training. grr. it just gose to show if you dont use it you lose it. thanks again

what voltage, amperage, wattage or whatever resistor would you need for correct LED stability? I presume hook resistor up to + side.......thanks ford bulb, led, ford bulb, led hmmmmmmm

what voltage, amperage, wattage or whatever resistor would you need for correct LED stability? I presume hook resistor up to + side.......thanks ford bulb, led, ford bulb, led hmmmmmmm

Usually if you buy LEDs from an online source they include the right resistor. But you can search for a resistor calc if you need to find the correct one. And yes, resistor attaches to the positive(anode) side of the LED.

If you are looking for a different color, save yourself the trouble of an LED, and just use incandescent. LED will almost always give a bright spot.

I switched from LED to incandescent and I will never go back.

didnt you mod your light switches to blue led's too cvt1214? I seen someone's pic of that and I was soooo jealous cause it looked so awesome. but, havent bought any Led's yet, then again my switches SUCK!!! so Id like to mod ones that WORK ! lawl. Incandecent you think eh, ya maybe Led's are a lil too "sharp" bright? Ill look into incandecent, but im lazy so ill probly just go to ford and get the bulb.

didnt you mod your light switches to blue led's too cvt1214? I seen someone's pic of that and I was soooo jealous cause it looked so awesome. but, havent bought any Led's yet, then again my switches SUCK!!! so Id like to mod ones that WORK ! lawl. Incandecent you think eh, ya maybe Led's are a lil too "sharp" bright? Ill look into incandecent, but im lazy so ill probly just go to ford and get the bulb.

I have a complete red lighting conversion. Some LEDs, some incandescent depending on the location.

I guess I have to take a pic of my blue clock. No bright spots that I can see. But then again I did use two LEDs.

The LEDs I use were two 3mm narrow angle, I just spaced them apart to even the blue look.

These pics just don't do justice to how nice they look in person. Though the second one does a nice job of it.

P1160005-1.jpg

P1160007.jpg

Last edited:
Back