• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What do you guys think about these?

Guess you haven't searched.

1. Those gauges don't look that great lit up at night. I have a set from the group buy on here. They are too dim and hard to read.

2. You can't just install a different color LED into the cluster. Won't light up at all until you remove the green film from behind the gauges. And it can't be done to the HVAC because it's too thin.

So basically if I want to change the color of my gauges the I have to do the "pain in the A$$, rewire new LED's in? that just sounds like it would suck so BAD!:mad:

So basically if I want to change the color of my gauges the I have to do the "pain in the A$$, rewire new LED's in? that just sounds like it would suck so BAD!:mad:

Umm, that's not what I said.

I'm running modified SVT gauges right now. The green film is gone and I installed red incandescent bulbs into the factory sockets. No one said anything about wiring up LEDs.

Well I did search and found the whole sanding away the green on the gauges, but then saw the part about resetting the RPMS and what not, and that looked like a pain in the but too... When I said the thing about the LEDS I was talking about this dudes set-up and changing the color of leds...

No matter which gauges you get, you will need to recalibrate your tach and speedo.

These are modified stock faces with red.

0917061925.jpg

DON'T BUY THOSE E-BAY GAUGES! They are junk!

Been there. Took me like 6 months of constant nagging before I got my refund.

Buyer Beware.

Well I did search and found the whole sanding away the green on the gauges, but then saw the part about resetting the RPMS and what not, and that looked like a pain in the but too... When I said the thing about the LEDS I was talking about this dudes set-up and changing the color of leds...

I'm glad someone likes my custom lighting.:laugh:

2. You can't just install a different color LED into the cluster. Won't light up at all until you remove the green film from behind the gauges. And it can't be done to the HVAC because it's too thin.

I call BS. check these out. i didnt remove the green backing. simply wired in the LEDs and resistors. :laugh::laugh:

101_0131.jpg

101_0134.jpg

101_0135.jpg

That's because the blue is close enough for the green filter on the gauges to not block it out.

Other colors will not show through like that at all. I tried with red and it's as if there was no bulb in there at all. Not one bit of light came through it.

Also, Matt R, who did my gauges said the SVT gauges filter the light different than regular Contique gauges. It's a much thicker filter.

last night i installed the s&h havc. i took out the old black one and it fell apart when taking it off. put on the s&h and the light came right through. it looked horrible. so what i did sense i had killed the black one was cut out all the letters in it so it would block the light exept were the letters are. it looked alot better but i shouldnt have done this. the black looked way better at night. at nitght you can tell what i did.

dose anyone know of a good white havc face that lookes good at night and keeps the green?

But s&h's head light switch cover looks great! even at night

Last edited:
last night i installed the s&h havc. i took out the old black one and it fell apart when taking it off. put on the s&h and the light came right through. it looked horrible.

You should have listened AND searched. S&H quality (or should I say lack there of) has been talked about on these boards many many times.

Back