• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Looking for a towing service to get Tim's shell out

MapOfTaziFoSho

Hard-core CEG'er
I've got one place that will do it, but they wanna charge 50$, I know the car still has some scrap value to it. Just not certain how much...

If anyone has any solid information I would greatly appreciate.

Oh, and basically any internet towing based junk car service has told me to f off. So don't even bother posting those. :blackeye:

TIY

Last edited:
Always places in the classifieds. It's worth the company's time just for the value of the scrap metal. No one should ever pay to haul a car away. Even if it's a shell.

Call the junkyard. They will come get it fro free!!!

My brother personally has done it.

I actually tried that too. They said I'd need to have it towed there at my expense! Must be just who ya call.

Werd. Kind of difficult to do much with this. :D
standard.jpg

Well I've heard of ones around here that will literally take anything.
I'm assuming they eventually get money for the scrap metal.

Excellent. I called the guy, now I just need to reg on Motwon and send him a PM with moe information.

good luck with that happening anytime soon on Motown Muscle. It took them atleast one month until i was able to post or send PM's...this was when i was looking for a mustang. My account works now, but if its the same with u as it was me, you might be waiting a while to get tha shell our of your car

Werd. Kind of difficult to do much with this. :D
standard.jpg

LOL! At least you had part of an aluminum motor for them!

I had an old SVT towed away that looked like that. I've had two cars in my garage that looked like skeltons that needed to be hauled away and I did it by calling the first name on the list in my local paper's classifieds section. They'll take anything. Tell them you have a free car that's missing the motor and a few other things. Scrap is getting a few $$ now so most will come get whatever you have.

The flat bed shows up (front of car us up on blocks - no suspension/hubs steering rack). They hook it up and drag it out of my garage with me behind the car because the back is still on my hydraulic jack (no rear suspension to be seen here either). When my jack hits the back of the flat bed I drop it down and it skids off. Someone will take it - just keep calling around.
If you need a skeleton hauled away in Grand Rapids, MI call Little's Towing 261-9561 or 261-9532.

Last edited:
That is actually a good block and decided to keep it. Anyone that needs a good SVT short block that needs reringed and balanced let me know. ;)

Back