• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Jetta core

jd2-98s

Veteran CEG'er
96 Jetta coming in today for a heater core. It looks to be a job, not hard, just alot of screws and bolts. I'm going to get all up in that jetta...;)

fun fun!!!
i hate replacing heater cores in new cars.
give me an older car any day.
the caddy and el camino are outside the passenger compartment, so its a few screws and a couple of hoses.
no tearing into the dash

fun fun!!!
i hate replacing heater cores in new cars.
give me an older car any day.
the caddy and el camino are outside the passenger compartment, so its a few screws and a couple of hoses.
no tearing into the dash

i had to do it in my 67 stang...not fun, had to take half the dash apart then finger bang the thing outta there, that was a good solid day job for me, but i was like 18

They didn't come by today. But wants to do it on the weekend.

I like the hard jobs, just so I can say I did that

Yeah, that's exactly how I feel when I get something complex to work on...
I'm doing an ATX-MTX swap for J.Scullin (Newcougar.org) in about a month, and can't wait to do that!!

Fun, Fun, Fun! lol E350 kicked my a$$ today. Did the upper and lower ball joints, front break lines, pulled the gear box and spent hours trying to get the arm off it to put on the rebuilt with nooooo luck.. It's fused bad to the shaft, heating, hitting, swearing, and hitting again didnt' do crapp-a for it. I was going to take it home and drink beer with it, and try to sleep with it...

Jetta done

Jetta done

It was alot of screws. But after about 7 hours (no rushing this one, first heater core in my life) it was back together with a new core. I'm sure a contour about the same.

Here it is all ripped apart.

P1140019.jpg

Look at that engine, two intakes....

P1140017.jpg

Me trying to remember how it goes back together....

P1140020.jpg

Ah That looks about right.

P1140021.jpg

Wow, that's impressive! Were it me, I think there would be a dozen screws left over and a car that wouldn't start. :D

Naw you could do. I say if I can do it anyone can. Just have to note what your doing and where it all hooked back up. Good thing they key the connectors lol

Back