• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

CEL no worky

TourEnvy

Hard-core CEG'er
My Cel doesnt come on when the ignition is turned on, bought the car like that (long story). OBD2 came up with a code (no surprise, no big). Question is, if the light isnt working. Can the bulb be replaced? Is it one of these from the How-To?

Bulb with assembly F5RZ-13466-BA

Yeah thats where i got the part number above, just wondering if all of them were the same.
If all you want to do is replace the bulb (not the bulb and housing), then....

"Another heads up for anyone looking to replace just the bulb...it's a 161 bulb, and they are getting hard to find. You'll probably have to go to a parts store instead of just Walmart of something like that...as they seem to have stopped carrying the 161 everywhere I looked this morning" SetiRich.

You should be able to get this bulb from Advance or Autozone. After removing the bulb (and the plastic housing from the instrument panel), you will need to wrap the "old bulb" in a rubber glove, then use needle nose pliers to pull it out. You can then insert the new bulb in the plastic housing and reinstall into the instrument panel.

Last edited:
Back