• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Add Horse Power

Laugh all you want, im 17 years old and only on my first car so i dont know much...
What the heck is it?

Type-R was the sports model of some early generation Imports such as the Integra. Basically, Type-R is what is to Honda as SVT is to Ford. Of course, kids are dumb and misbadge their cars by putting Type-R stickers or emblems on their cars that arent Type-R's because they try to be something they aren't.

I saw a Buick Type R once.....crazy fast.....
You sure you don't mean T/Type? The LeSabre coupe was produced with this trim level in '87-'89. Personally, I really like the cars. Always have.

tonesttype2.jpg

same here. i had no idea when i got my first contour what could be done but i did research and read up on things. now im on my second tour and im going to do everything i want to get done to net hp, reliablilty, and looks.

Yea um, definatley didnt see a "type-r Buick" it was a kid who but a type-r badge on the back of his buick and a gt-r badge on the front, i do know there's no type-r buick buddy.

Back