• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Wont Start

Lost

CEG'er
ok so today i decided to clean my upper intake manifold.. well i cleaned it all out and painted it and in the process of cleanining it i ran it under hot water and forgot to take off the little iac electrical thing and the evr next to it. so they got wet. :blackeye: .. now my car wont start. Is this the problem or cud it be something else. i went over everything multiple times and im almost positive i didnt forget to put anything back together. thanks.

Start by using a hair dryer to dry those two items. Then, make sure you have reconnected all the wires. If it appears to be cranking very fast, you lost compression. You need to either push the gas pedal all the way down and crank or pull the plugs off Bank 2 and put a teaspoon of oil in each cylinder. Good luck.

Edit. Did you read the tips here?
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=v6maint&Number=1188813

thanks guys. i put some oil in the cylinders and tried starting. it did for a sec than died. i pulled the neg terminal waited a bit put it back on and it started right up/ thanks guys./

Back