• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How To Unlock Your Car with Your Cell Phone

Yea, that myth was busted. Its because they use to different signals. The cell is radio and the remote is infared(I think.)

Silly video. That is a Nissan keyless entry remote (just like mine) and the horn honk was from an American or German car.

Remotes are RF as well. Different frequency though. If the remote were IR, then you'd have to have line-of-sight with an IR eye in the car, as well as CLOSE proximity.

The only way it would work is if the microphone in the sending phone could pick up the frequencies from from keyless entry just like vocal frequencies, and then the receiving phone could transmit them accurately through the speaker.

I've got a 96 taurus with keyless entry. One night when i was going to my car after i got off work, i tried to use it and i kept hearing a door unlock, just not mine. Turns out i can also unlock a saturn :)

IT REALLY DOES WORK!!!!!!!!!!

I was sitting inside my car, then called my friend who was standing outside of the car, I dialed his number and when he answered I pressed the button and the car opened!!!!!! I heard the honk and everything!!!!!!!!

Wow, this is so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back