• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Grind Noise in 1st and Reverse

bradSVT

CEG'er
I just had a quick question. I had searched on the new and old forums and didn't really come across an answer to the symptom that my clutch has been doing.

This only happens some of the time, less more then often, when I put my car into reverse and let out the clutch I will sometimes get a grind noise so I will throw the clutch back in and then take it out again and the noise wont be there. I can feel whatever is going on when my foot is on the clutch pedal.

Now even rarer is when it happens in first gear. I am not sure what this could be. I re-did the transmission 5,000 miles ago, and this has not been happening for very long.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Check the shifter cable ends for bushing wear, etc. They may be misaligned because of that. Have a friend shift the car up/down while you look at the cable, then left right while you check the other one.

Ask Kremithefrog about his incident on his car causing that, if you want a first hand repair experience.

Back