• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My 3L SVT build

HAZZARD

CEG'er
I thought I would start a thread for the progress of my 3L build from start to finnish, as i go.
Im taking many detailed pictures every step of the way, but I will only be posting a few of them. If you want to see more just ask and I will post whatever i have.

Hopefully this wont take long!!

This is what I started with
1999 CSVT in great shape for $500

n500226924_12480_4060.jpg

n500226924_12482_4671.jpg

n500226924_12481_4368.jpg

less than 12 hours after I got it.

n500226924_12484_5227.jpg

and 6 hours after that.
n500226924_12486_6196.jpg

lots of down time this weekend so i have been cleaning parts.
everything laid out on my garage floor.
S4010130.jpg

cleaning the lower intake
S4010127.jpg

got to the y-pipe as well, will finnish the welding once the motor is in the car.
let me just say it was a pain in the @#$ to get the heat shilds off.
S4010129.jpg

Removed the reflectors in the headlights
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a368/hazzard66/S4010135.jpg[/IMG

Mounted my gauges, yea I know its dirty as hell I will clean it befor it goes back in.
[IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a368/hazzard66/S4010134.jpg
I also gutted the pre-cats, and installed my radio, but I didnt get any pictures yet .

Motor will be here tomorrow then the fun begins :laugh: :crazy: :cool:

You wont be running the upgraded cupholders? Those will deff block the line of site on those gauges. You also may want to angle them up a bit.

You wont be running the upgraded cupholders? Those will deff block the line of site on those gauges. You also may want to angle them up a bit.
I dont need any cup holders no one drinks or eats in my cars their just their to hold my Ipod LOL. and I am going to angle them up, but im waiting on the angled rings to come in.

now that your that far, put your hvac controls their and then put the gauges in the hvac holes.
That will come later, got to figure out how to mount the hvac controls down their. any thoughts?

Made some progress tonight, got the new engine striped, and started putting some of the 2.5 parts on it. no pix right now im tired and going to bed i will post them tomorrow.

IT WILL BE DONE TOMORROW!!!!!!

Sorry I havent been updating this topic all my free time has been in the garage doing the swap. I have lots of pictures, just no time to upload them.

this has been the longest 6 days of my life. but if i dont having any problems It will start tomorrow night.

I will start up loading pictures sometime this week.

:cool: Make sure you upload in Pics and Videos (and with a sound clip for the engine). I'm sure everybody's waiting to see and hear. I don't think as many frequent this forum compared to Pics and Videos.

and for that matter who is to say he hasnt sent it off to be modded to be more accurate?

The 3.0 ran for the first time at 11:46 PM Jan 15 (My Birthday) It started on the first full turn of the key.

Got the 3l motor on the Jan 8th, modded it and built it back up in 7 days, would have been less but I have a real job too.
that center guage in your center console is worthless :p

Yea I know it's worthless........... right now.

3 gauges in there looked better then just the oil press and water temp. I think they look cool.
Call me a ricer I dont care the cars quick!
Drove it 15 min after it first started.

Like I said pictures to come, still have some fine tuning to do.

Back