• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Who here might be interested in ........

Who here might be interested in ........

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I know you guys are making this for a stock engine but we should still have necessary upgrades to handle the power. Are there internal engine upgrades that are necessary? I mean obviously theres stuff to make the setup more reliable, but is a stock engine reliable enough? (Was reading through the piston ring durability thread and started getting nervous about my pre99 non svt engine)

ok guys

I ran a 3.8 psi spring on the wastegate on the first run and this was with a tune shot in the blind but darn Tom is good:).

I ran the second run on 5 psi and then the car fuel came short. I ran the stock 19# to see what there limits are but I am not going to confimr that the 5 psi was it but as far as my true wide said maybe so.

The guy squeezed me in and pushed aside a SVT lighning to get me on the dyno so my time was limited. I was not able to put the 24# on the car to do the WHP I know it will make.

Bur I am more than pleased I created a torque monster with just 5 psi and the whp is not far from my goal. It seems that every psi will give us 25whp so I was guessing the 7 psi will put us at bullseye. Here is a dyno of both runs now the rpms wasn't working right he couldn't get the right combo.
bothdynossmaller2.jpg

Oh just to add guys I was extremely lucky I got three runs on the dyno he really lost money doing this for me so I couldn't run the motor up to 7-9 psi with the larger injectors like I wanted too.

But if you look at the what we have so far with just 5 psi we are more than halfway there. Once Tom can tune the car we will put the 24 #and go back to the dyno. If you guys are worrying about making the expected power don't because if I recall I don't remember any 2.5 liter making this with 5 psi stock witrh stock cats can you imagine what headers would do:)

lookin good. cant wait to see the next results. i wanna see the 3L with headers at 9 psi.....

Those are some pretty nice numbers. I always thought that you got a net gain of 10hp/1psi. But I guess I could be misinformed, and that was for my cavalier also. I'm very interested to see the 25# and 7psi, should make AMAZING numbers...good job guys, I have my cash sitting in my account burning a hole as we speak..lol

lookin good. cant wait to see the next results. i wanna see the 3L with headers at 9 psi.....

We already have a good idea about the 3L with headers! Look at my last dyno graphs and you'll see what a 3L with weaponR (almost same as msds) same piping diameters, atmospheric dump, etc can come out with on a bone stock 3L.
The kit Joey has built is an evolution of the piping I built before with improvements based on the Lessons Learned. That is why you are seeing such good numbers from a basic 5psi 2.5L.
On the 3L it comes out to about 345-355wHP on about 9-10psi

You are looking at the product of Both Joey and my experience coming to play in this kit with design and tuning.

One thing you guys are not seeming to pick up on was that this is with a BONE STOCK 2.5L engine, with bone stock precats manifolds, with stock 19# injectors, fuel system and MAF!!!! :shocked:
The power is utterly usable and linear.
Look to see some videos from this coming weekend as I go down to visit Joey over Mardis Gras!

Oh Tom the guy ratlled it off his head when he was on the other side of the car I found this out once I returned home so erase what we talked about. The guy thought it was way higher since it was cold outside but he failed to realize we had the heater on inside the shop so it was room temps.

So guys the official uncorrected was what you saw there not 270whp I have the corrected it was like 10whp difference.

holy torque, I expect 245whp and 260wtq so this much surpassed my expectations. I have a 3.0 making 213whp/192wtq now so this kit on a 3L w/ WR headers mocked into the kit = (Around 5-7psi) will yield around 300-340+whp and around 400wtq?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back