• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Who here might be interested in ........

Who here might be interested in ........

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I gotta look under my car again - there must not be enough room or sup'm. I keep wondering why you guys didn't put the turberator near the factory Y location at the back of the engine & just run cold side piping everywhere.

actually im saving for it... and i hope i never meet you

lol..i love how you guys add to this thread...I'll read it so closely trying to understand everything and then i come across these comments..ahhaha i love it.

:laugh: it gives me a good chuckle too! i'm glad i can put a smile on your face.
btw, sorry burrita for putting bringing this crap into your thread

I’m honestly wishing I had not bought the last $6,000 ADC T3/T4 turbo kit. Just between that kit and the Noble 3L engine I have well over $10,000 tossed at hot-rodding my CSVT.

Will my combination make more power than this new kit on a 2.5L? Hell yes. I fully expect to see over 400 FWHP.

Will it be more fun? I'm thinking the answer is no. The power is simply not useable. The ADC kit is now an orphan and ADC's reputation for customer support is... how to put it, somewhat tarnished of late.

Warmonger is a proven commodity here. If I had even the remotest potential use for such a kit as he's offering…

This is truly the way to go for anyone serious about these cars.

Warmonger, just an idea, but if you put together a “wideband kit” specifically for the CSVT, complete with directions on how to install and use it with XCAL PRP, I’m sure you’d sell at least one …;)

Warmonger, just an idea, but if you put together a “wideband kit” specifically for the CSVT, complete with directions on how to install and use it with XCAL PRP, I’m sure you’d sell at least one …;)

id take one too.

i cant wait for my turbo!!!! deposit soon to be in hand...

I do know jedscontour that me and Tom did talk about offering a racing package which will contain all the hardware like a true wide band, cable program and xcal2 for the that particular setup where the they may do there own tuning.

You are totally right I think you can easily do 400whp but remember If you buy our ceramic coated MSDS headers stage 2 intercooler and larger injectors and MAF I am almost certain we can break the 450whp barrier with the FMIC. I was flowing less then 600 cfm and was making over 400whp. I really think the ADC kit needs a larger downpipe since they plumb the wastegate right into the beginning of the downpipe. If someone wants to pay extra for the wastegate to plumb it in I will return my setup in the large merge connector and offer them the 3" cat back.

We will test my mule with this kit to verify the kit capacity on a fully built 3 liter to see where the limits are on the kit if any. I am in the same boat as you I spent 6k and then 5k on my motor not including quaife,clutch, guages, fuel upgrades, MAF, xcal2 , etc . I am closer to 15k total just in power. And I am almost sure I can achieve this for less than half the price with the same results. Thanks for making a truthful comment ADC is a very sweet kit but not practical for 95% of us CEG'ers. Look forward to next week I have a dyno setup for mid week. Later Guys

JEDsContour, we understand your point of view, but you need understand that the grand part of us need only a kit that launch our Cougars/Contours to the next level easily and without engine problems. the people in Spain that are interested in the kit only ask me about the security of the kit, and if it can break the engine, etc. You need to understand that in Spain isn´t easy fix the most common problems with the engines, and very cost. Break interiors (pistons, rods...) can meaning change the full engine and $8k for put a new one. Here only few persons open the engines for repairing it. Not have the knowledges.
Sorry for my horrible English.

If you buy our ceramic coated MSDS headers stage 2 intercooler and larger injectors and MAF I am almost certain we can break the 450whp barrier with the FMIC.

Just want to make sure -- do you provide ceramic coated MSDS headers as an option? The reason I'm asking is because I am just about to buy the MSDS headers (either ceramic coated, or extreme coated, or bare and send them to JetHot) this month to take advantage of Marty's 10% off promotion. I believe many people interested in your turbo kits are thinking the same thing. So if you are also selling the headers, would there be any additional saving over buying from MSDS directly? Have you engaged in discussion with Marty with volume purchase?

Also, I think it may be a good idea to tell people what to (and not to) get if they are interested in the turbo kit. For example, I think your kit has a Y-pipe, and through the tuning the MIL eliminators are not necessary? In other words, people don't need to buy the whole $660 MSDS full kit.

Just my 2 cents. Does it make sense?

im almost postive you wont be able to retain your headers, so you might wanna save your money

im almost postive you wont be able to retain your headers, so you might wanna save your money

that is incorrect from what I have read and seen ... the kits piping will bolt to the stock exhaust manifolds ... MSDS headers have the same flange configuration and therefor will bolt to the kits piping ...

Brapple you are so right I built this kit for everyone to advantage of the different variations we have now on our cars. If you have a factory manifold. MSDS, weapon R's amd any other aftermarket headers that bolts directly up to the factory Y-pipe then you have a plug in play install. I did speak briefily to Marty at MSDS headers and I am certain I can sell it his price for the bare headers but we will try to resource a better price on the coatings to give the best protection at a better price. We will have incentives and promotions for our customers to help bring cost down. We want to sell more than just kits. We want to get our site up as a retailer for all performance parts. Now taking for granted we will concentrate on the duratec level and the S40 and focus lines to clear ground level.

CTC I can tell you that from CEGers and Cougar guy we have found the limits of the pistons. The pre 99-98 pistons ring lands are weaker then the post 2000 pistons. I will say every motor is differrent because some have more miles some and some have indured some beatens or neglect from their owners. I will sell the kit with an adjustable wastegate set to it lowest PSI and you are able to turn up the boost till you feel is safe. But my opinion is I would not exceed 8psi since I found that to be in my opinion the best compromise. If you exceed that I would highlt recommend having all the necessary guages and a dyno for accuracy.

Hope I answered all your answers. Joey

My Cougar is from Feb 2000. I hope it have the upgradded pistons, it have return fuel system. We will set it to a safe PSI. Thanks

Brapple you are so right I built this kit for everyone to advantage of the different variations we have now on our cars. If you have a factory manifold. MSDS, weapon R's amd any other aftermarket headers that bolts directly up to the factory Y-pipe then you have a plug in play install.

What if we have an aftermarket Y pipe such as the WR Y-pipe? Are we able to use it w/ this setup?

no you can't use your aftermarket y-pipe because my kit replaces the pipe and collects up at the turbo instead of the cat like yours.

I did speak briefily to Marty at MSDS headers and I am certain I can sell it his price for the bare headers but we will try to resource a better price on the coatings to give the best protection at a better price. We will have incentives and promotions for our customers to help bring cost down.
So Joey can you give us a confirmation that we can get coated MSDS headers from you? If that's affirmative then I will hold off buying from Marty at this moment (well, he will still get my business by selling through you).

If you can get the bare headers at same (or even lower) current price of $180, adding cheaper ceramic coating, and ship with the rest of the kit for not much more in shipping, I am sure you will have all people who plan to buy bare MSDS headers to use with the turbo kit lining up at your door. I also believe this way all guys originally plan to just use factory precats will try to squeeze another $210 or so to get the MSDS headers. This will be a win/win/win situation. You get higher revenue (and less headache by almost eliminating the need to maintain 3 different versions -- stock precats, WR and MSDS), Marty gets to sell more headers to those originally planning just use stock, and we get incentives to save a buck or two.

Maybe you should seriously consider this?

I’m honestly wishing I had not bought the last $6,000 ADC T3/T4 turbo kit.

Why?

I don't think you need to feel bad Jim, your stuffs are a totally different beast. I know it's costing a little bit more, but considering even Burrita's kit, with stainless steel pipings, headers, battery relocation kit, and a water-air intercooler/pump swap options, will certainly push $4000 and up.

One of the reason for Joey to offer a kit at lower price is to build up reputation for the new shop. He is next to making nothing on the kit. The audience/prospect customers for the kit, on the other hand, will not be able to afford a nice kit like ADC's. It's a fact the current demographic of CSVT owners' average age is in the twenties. There are many things with higher priority than a Turbo kit. That's the reason ADC was not able to sell more kits, so the price can never go down for that reason.

Another thing, timing is the key. When you had the enthusiasm to build a super CSVT, the ADC kit was the only thing available. So you went ahead to secure the very last kit ever made. It was the correct decision since I know financing is not any problem for you. Heck, as late as last December Warmonger in one of his post even mentioned that he saw no reason/no market to build a kit. He would have done that if it was 2002. So no body knew there would be this kit coming even himself. Even so, you have the nice kit in your hands while everybody else (well, most) is still in the saving plan. Not to get it installed by now, on the other hand, is another story. However after things you have been through recently, and the missing of a big garage, no one can blame you on that, so you should not give yourself any hard time either.

I am sure when your kit is done you can get Warmonger to tune your car and I believe he will love to do that. It's better than ADC tuning anyway, so why worry about ADC's service? Oh, if you contact Tom now I believe you can get the 'buddy' deal too. :laugh:

So cheer up my friend. Even though I am set on a Burrita kit, I still can't stop :drool: on your kit :shocked::laugh:

Turbo_All_Parts.JPG

Turbo_Big_Bits_CloseUp.JPG

Turbo_Big_Bits.jpg

As far as the cold side piping goes, where are you sourcing the "ports" for the vacuum lines that normally come on intakes for our cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back