• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Who here might be interested in ........

Who here might be interested in ........

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The wastegate will go to 15 psi down to 4 psi the more flow on a turbo the more power you will generate since backpressure kills turbo spool. Here is the Turbo that is sold with the kit. T3/T4 .63 AR 57 trim Garrett
turboproject.jpg

Garret? What´s about the Turbonetics one? You said that the definitive turbo is the turbonetics, or not?

I said I was trying to get it but the price will be 200 more if you want it. I was trying to find a good price on them but it seems they don't sell them low enough to keep this budget kit in price range of 2500.00. They both flow the same CFM just one has a polished housing and one has a year warranty.

Garret? What´s about the Turbonetics one? You said that the definitive turbo is the turbonetics, or not?

Don't worry! If you want it gold plated then we can do it. It'll match your grill. Just remember we'll subcontract out the plating and add that to the bill. lol :D

The turbos that are used will be good quality, not those knock-off turbos.

Garret makes good turbos. I have no problem with a garret.

I am all about go, So make it as ugly as you want:cool:

so did you end up going with the journal or ball bearing? water cooled or not?
i am guessing you went with journal bearing and non water cooled, to again keep cost down?

You are correct 00toursvt we did go with the non-watercooled. The one main reason you see water-cooled turbos are the Ball-bearing ones because they have little oil chamber since the ball bearing takes up most of the space. As you know the less oil in the turbo the faster the oil can cook making the oil gummy. That is why all BB turbos are watercooled for that reason and plus the kit is far away from the heads so the heat is half of what you might expect from most cars. But you could alwaya drill the holes and tap them with NPT if you like to watercool them or order it that way. Joey

Ok, the look is important, but less that the quality. I am with you in all you choose.

So the turbo will bolt to the stock (or msds) y pipe, and you are making the downpipe that connects to a high-flow cat option, then to the rest of the exhaust, correct? Will it bolt up directly to my Bosal system?

Yes the piping is made to be made up to stock location like MSDS etc. If your bosal is different you will need to get it welded at a muffler shop or so.

Well I have completed the cold air side now I have it all tacked and ready for welding the seams. I also have the downpipe revised I took the tail end and turned it up to give me another inch or so ground clearance plus the front was tucked up too since we may have some who hit high curbs. So the discharge is complete now once my CAT comes and flex I will weld up the rest of the piping. I am right now tacking the up-pipe I will put the pics of these up later.

Oh doesn't it look great the piping I really love the way a FMIC looks.
turboproject_024.jpg

turboproject_025.jpg

turboproject_026.jpg

turboproject_027.jpg

turboproject_030.jpg

I was considering getting a MSDS headder/y pipe set and wan't sure if your set-up would bolt right to it or not. It looks great so far. I can't wait to see how it performs.

You are the man Burrita, THE MAN!!!!

If my car wasn't up for sale right now, I'd be tempted to swap this hybrid out for a straight 3L, just for this kit!

Mark

Have you had a chance to test the splash shield... to make sure it'll fit under the intercooler?

There will be some mods but the splash shield was fitting before, last I heard.

I've received some PMs concerned with the amount of intercooler piping, effectiveness of the FMIC, etc.

The FMIC is the choice of almost every OEM turbo setup. It is simpler and has no moving parts to break.

Efficiency is good under cruise but as you might expect it will be reduced off-idle until sufficient airflow is made through the cooler.
Splash shield is supposed to fit as it helps duct air into the intercooler.

The spool time will be preserved by controlling the overall intake volume of the piping through correct sizing. Overall length of the piping is not that long. For instance, my volvo S40 has longer length of pipes than what you are seeing on the contour there.
AS long as the turbo is correctly sized it will spool fine. If you compare between a water to air vs. air-air on an otherwise identical kit, you will find that there will only be a fractional increase in time to spool with the FMIC. You will notice better efficiency off idle with the water-air but as a rule you'll have the same or better with the FMIC at cruise.

You can decide to use the water-air and pay the difference in price.

I left enough room to get your allen set in position because I remember mine being pain in the rear too get off. I have all the up-pipes completed now I have to tack the T3 inlet in position and make brackets then I will weld up all the seams. Now remember this is the prototype I will have less seams on the first set I make from the JIG. The setup works real nice and the up-pipe will be one fixed peice and the downpipe will be two peices like you see in the pick. Here are my pics.

For future references our website is www.nautilusperformance.com

we will be having it up and running soon

turboproject_031.jpg

turboproject_032.jpg

turboproject_033.jpg

turboproject_034.jpg

Last edited:
:shocked: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Damnit burrita your making me want to keep my car now......:confused:

Looks good.

I am soo glad your moving this thing along quickly!!!
I am impressed with your effort man. Hats off too you.

So far you have answered all my questions responding to others. So far i am very pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back