• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My $500 CSVT

im jealous!

+elevendy billion...

Hell at that kind of price even if I didnt know how to drop in a 3L I would have paid someone to do it for me. Still would have been cheaper then a mint stock SVT at that price.

WOW!, you are one motivated SOB:laugh: and I must say for $500.00, thats a nice ride. Maybe you should consider coming to SZ this year and showing off that $500.00 ride, amazing!

Steeda, do you see this, the ball is in your court!

WOW!, you are one motivated SOB:laugh: and I must say for $500.00, thats a nice ride. Maybe you should consider coming to SZ this year and showing off that $500.00 ride, amazing!

Steeda, do you see this, the ball is in your court!

Steedas car ran, this one did not.

Cheap SVTs are great... I bought mine for 2k, the guy thought it had a blown motor....uh yeah just needed a tune up....Gotta love cheap SVT's

The photos have already started. I have over 100 photos up to this point alone. I want to compile everything into some what of a guide so people dont have to spend the hours seaching CEG like i did.

The only other thing wrong with the car is the dash is warped BAD!! Dont think I can fix it, its hitting the windshild and pulling up around the gauges.
The seats are dirty but dont have a mark on them and very little ware.

It has lived in a garage all its life. The body has no dents on it and the scraches can be buffed out except for some small ones on the bottom of the front bumper, but nothing a Mirko cant cover :laugh: . The door ding gaurds are comming apart and are faded, but the paint under them isnt faded so the will be comming off.

Sounds just like the deal I got with mine! I paid $600 for mine from a guy in NC. He started parting it out before I got to it though. When I bought it, it had no seats, cracked windsheild, chips on the front bumper, busted rear driverside tail light, missing jack cover and a blown engine. However as an added bonus it did come to me with Borla cat-back already on it :D and upon picking up the car I was handed the SVT certificate that said it was build #49 of 6535 :shocked:

Although I didn't research this site enough to know about putting in a 3L and what was involved, so I was smart and put in another 2.5L SVT motor :troutslap: . All and all I think I had a total of 3k into the car after it was fixed and that was paying someone 1800 bucks to put the car together for me because I was still in college and working (no time).

Good luck though, looks like you are well on your way.

Heres some pics from what I started with...

csvt6kn9.png

As it sat at the guys work, look at that oil puddle
csvt3cj3.png

csvt2ph9.png

Then after I brought it back home and was checking everything over and putting in the seats that I had bought a week prior to picking it up
dscn1321yt0.jpg

Last edited:
i've swapped dashes before,i took me about 2.5 hours to remove the old one and about the same to put the new one in...the tricky part is getting the hvac vents over by the door back in right..and the massive wire loom...dont foreget the pasg air bag harnes...i did:nonono: had to remove the dash to get it plugged in

Im not woried about the dash and taking it out I used to be a car audio installer so that wont be a problem just hope i can fix it not want to have to get a new one.

well if the crank is good i'll buy it off you. if it's wrecked, nevermind :)

Well its not looking good, looks like a bearing went lots of metal shavings on the oil pick-up tube screan. I have yet to get the crank out i have been to busy cleaning the parts i need to reuse, but i will try to get to it tonight if I can.

Well the motor did not get here on sat like Id hoped :cry: but they said mon-tue :mad: so thats slowing me down, but i did give me time to clean things really well and do some mods like the y-pipe, gut the pre-cats, remove the resonator, put my pioneer headunit in, mount the gauges in the console, and remove the reflector in the headlights. Tonight im trying to tint the talilights, and order my coilovers and spec clutch.

I think I will start a new topic in the 3l fourm on the build itself, just so it will be there for people searching later.

yea mine hasnt eather. but it dose seem to have kind of shifted. ill post pics and see what you guys think one of these days. if i think of it in the day time. lol

goonz how did you see its warped. i cant see anything on his pics

Last edited:
They warp in a diff place.

As far as I know Y2kSVT doesn't know ****!!! :)

Ill post some pics when i get home.

Last edited:
Back