• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New Wheels

Silver Snake

CEG'er
Well, as you know, I have been a troll for a long, long time. I went from my '00 CSVT to an '01 Cobra, to an '03 WRX. In an effort to save money (kid was on the way) I sold the Rex and leased an 05 G6. It wasn't much fun, but it was cheap and I get to bring test cars home all the time....so I didn't really miss the Rex. Well, the lease is up on the G6 in June so I started looking for a replacement....nothing serious, just checking prices.

I stumbled across a real gem. An '05 S60 R, with only 25k miles. Black on black with a 6-spd. It has every option except the nav. Picked it up for ~6k below Blue Book. :D I need to get the car cleaned up and poilished before I snap some good pics, because it was raining the day I brought it home.

But here are some pics form the ebay auction.
S603.jpg

S602.jpg

S601.jpg

It has a few scratches on the driver side wheels, one on the drivers seat and a few on the shift knob...aside from that, its in perfect condition. Only bummer is it will sit in the garage till spring when the lease on the G6 is up.

-Todd

Beautiful! IMO the body kit is a sweet option as it does wonders for the look of the car.

HOT!

I see one parked outside of where I work all the time, car looks Awesome... All 4 wheels have been curbed though... Makes me sick...

I'd love an S60R... How are those brakes??

I like it, although I only drove it the one day...it will sit until June. I ave riven a few other before. They feel nice, and not disconnected at all. Especially if you choose the sort or advanced modes on the chassis setting.

-Todd

I heard they feel pretty disconnected from the road.. how you like it? :cool:

Although I don't believe the steering is as precise as the csvt, I definitely wouldn't go as far as saying it's disconnected from the road. It has a fairly good amount of power and the all wheel drive is great. The most recent review I read of an 06 model was sort of horrible but they were also testing it in about 115 degree weather. The people testing it think that the weather had an adverse affect on the intercooler. You think lol?

Back