• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dave and Buster's Meet?

list of peoples who's ass needs kicking:

1. roger
2. alex

:laugh:

oh... and alex.....

alex1.jpg

Last edited:
Thats strange because there is no such thing as being "normal" everybody has their own quirks.

there's no such thing? holy crap, i need to go back to MSU and demand a refund on my psych education.

:help:

FYI... "normal" refers to the generally accepted societal "norms" that most people interact within. if you are outside of these "norms", you're "abnormal". it can be good, it can be bad...

also FYI, alex's sister is a natural blonde. and hot. smoking hot. :laugh:

there's no such thing? holy crap, i need to go back to MSU and demand a refund on my psych education.

:help:

FYI... "normal" refers to the generally accepted societal "norms" that most people interact within. if you are outside of these "norms", you're "abnormal". it can be good, it can be bad...

also FYI, alex's sister is a natural blonde. and hot. smoking hot. :laugh:

yes, there is a definition to normality but everybody has their own perception of it. What might seem normal to me, could be strange to you. Do you think the generally accept societal norms are the same here as they are in china? No they aren't. If you brought someone from America, and plopped him in the middle of Beijing without telling him anything about their culture, do you think the way he looks/acts is going to be considered "Normal"? Obviously not. Normality really does vary from person to person. Around in say... Detroit its normal to walk down the street wearing clothing, if you go to a nudist colony its normal to walk around naked.

Personally I like to do whatever makes me happy, and not worry about the influence of what other people around me want me to do so heavily. Of course, I don't take it to the point where I start making other people uncomfertable, or start breaking the law (most of the time) but thats basically where logic starts to kick in.

I think we could discuss this all day... But I would rather not, as I understand that you were trying to state a broad textbook definition of what "Normality" is. Where as I started to go into depth with it... Which I do sometimes.

Carry on.

yes, there is a definition to normality but everybody has their own perception of it. What might seem normal to me, could be strange to you. Do you think the generally accept societal norms are the same here as they are in china? No they aren't. If you brought someone from America, and plopped him in the middle of Beijing without telling him anything about their culture, do you think the way he looks/acts is going to be considered "Normal"? Obviously not. Normality really does vary from person to person. Around in say... Detroit its normal to walk down the street wearing clothing, if you go to a nudist colony its normal to walk around naked.

Personally I like to do whatever makes me happy, and not worry about the influence of what other people around me want me to do so heavily. Of course, I don't take it to the point where I start making other people uncomfertable, or start breaking the law (most of the time) but thats basically where logic starts to kick in.

I think we could discuss this all day... But I would rather not, as I understand that you were trying to state a broad textbook definition of what "Normality" is. Where as I started to go into depth with it... Which I do sometimes.

Carry on.

you don't want to go in-depth with me on "normality".... i'll ruin what little sense of self you already have. if you're feeling brave, grab a book written by martin heidegger called "being in time". study up on the concept of "dasein", and you will learn that EVERYTHING is "normal" and that very, very few things are original. you don't think original thought, you don't do original things. ever.

carry on?? good lord, you're not talking to a high schooler here, boy. :rolleyes:

Back