• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

this is why i hate holidays

SVTJON87

Hard-core CEG'er
my car was parked in my driveway new years and this is what i got. It looks like someone took a coin across my trunk. the other spot on the trunk is crows feet
tonight i finished cleaning my garage and got my car in it.

jonspics001.jpg

jonspics003.jpg

Last edited:
by the looks of that picture maybe some of that will come out with a clay bar?

that sucks :(

the sratch dose have some depth to it. ive never used a clay bar so i dont know anything about them taking out stuff like that

If you can get your fingernail in it, even a buff probably won't get it out. It will make it look somewhat better, but that really sucks :nonono:

ahh i just hate people. first i got a big stick on the car then mud. took care of the kids doing it. they never came back now this. what ever

man thats not good. i had a similar thing a couple christmas's ago across the tailgate from light to light. that was all i needed to make me get the tailgate shaved so it werent all bad.
hope you get it sorted

That sucks... but at least your whole car didn't get keyed with "**** you" written all over it. :cry: At least I had vandalism/theft insurance! Do you have insurance!?!?

i just dont like the pre 98's IMO i love my cars, her rear end is sexy. but i do plan on getting the front bumper and rear re-sparyed. ill more than likly do the prep work.

Why wouldn't your comprehensive insurance cover this? It's either vandalism or an Act of God (weather), whichever they wish to pin it on.

Another vote against the pre-98 trunk lid. The one that came with the car looks a lot better.

well i didnt call the cops. theres a chance i could find who did it but i dout it. and wouldnt i have to pay my $500 deductable?

Back