• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Is This The One!!!!

Goonz SVT

Hard-core CEG'er
Remember that SVT like a year or 2 ago that appeared on ebay with like no mileage, all the goodies like 3L and all, brand new interior..well i think its back on ebay. WITH NO RUNNING ENGINE!!!

CLICK ME

Excellent condition. $8500 with no engine? Hah!

Perfect for someone who wants to do a new 3L swap in there.

"Welded in Sub frame to stiffen the entire body"

I'll pass thanks.

7346_12.JPG

Guess the Accusump didn't save it.

Remember that SVT like a year or 2 ago that appeared on ebay with like no mileage, all the goodies like 3L and all, brand new interior..well i think its back on ebay. WITH NO RUNNING ENGINE!!!

CLICK ME

that was one of them, as I recall and the add says this one had like 1k miles ... the other was red and in the GA/FL area with 61 miles on it ...

that thing looks like it's in great condition but isn't worth like more than maybe 3k with a non running motor.

Very nice, I find it very strange that ford upgraded the front end and not the back, if that was a UK mondeo then it would be seen to have a mk1 back end with a mk2 front end which to me looks very strange but obviously to you all it looks normal. My understanding is that the SVT is the equivilant to our ST200 which in that condition with an engine would cost around £3000-£4500 which i rekon is around $8500, but as I say with an engine - as it is over here would fetch approx £1500 which is about $3000.

So in my opinion hugely over priced, but then saying that would be nothing over here to buy a V6 engine for approx £100 ($190) and drop it in, pretty simple job.

M9G

You have to realize how many Contours we have over here though. Still quite a few of the 11000 built SVTs rolling around.

i love how the owner talks about how there's 20 grand of mods into the car...as if it matters when probably the most expensive mod is the motor - which is seized!

$8500 - lol!

did you guys ever see that silver svt with 10,000 miles on it. it was on ebay and i THINK went for like 10,000. it was stock as well

did you guys ever see that silver svt with 10,000 miles on it. it was on ebay and i THINK went for like 10,000. it was stock as well

It was the owner biding on it himself.

Didn't this thing have a vortec though???

yeah wtf is up with the welded subframe???

i think he means that the car is seam welded.
basically all the sheetmetal seams in the car are welded.
and by subframe i think he meant uni-body.

Worldtour can explain more..the red supercharged focus he had at SZ04 was seam welded.

Back