• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Need Volunteers for experiment

I would be glad to help with my 3L Duratech 1996 Mercury Sable, but nobody in the Seattle area has an XCal2.

I have an OBD-II scanner that has the capability to create custom datastreams. If you are interested in the data. It does have an automatic. It also has the IMRC and the secondaries intact.

It probably will not be a format that is usable for your experiment, but hopefully I can send you some graphs to represent the data.

Let me know. How much can you get the XCal2's for?

Ha! I did just get an inverter. If you need me still let me know. I wont get to it until the weekend, however. I have all the standard n/a goodies, and not tuned right now. Stock MAF, injectors, IMRC, etc. Kosher?

Tom, You know I'll help you if you need me.. However, I don't think there are ANY other contour owners around me.

Tom, You know I'll help you if you need me.. However, I don't think there are ANY other contour owners around me.

Thanks Ray. I'm really in need of a completely stock 2.5L SVT and a 2.5L SVT with deleted IMRC. Then I need someone with a drop in 3L with 3L cams on a stock SVT MAF and injector system.
AT that point I'll have the different varieties of engines but I need just multiple samples of each.

Im going to try to get it done tomorrow. I forgot to print what you needed, and I dont have internet at home:blackeye:

I would be game for data logging, but I'm on non-svt auto so I really couldn't help...sorry that no one else is jumping in to help :-(

datalogs

datalogs

I'll get the XCal and I'll have it done within the next week.

Hey Comet, did you get my email saying I will need a redo on that datalog?

I just need it to be from 2000rpm to 7000 rpm

If you guys have slow cars then you can do it in 2nd gear because it will still take a little while. I asked for 3rd gear because I'm used to 2nd gear being so quick I can't get an accurate datalog.
So you could start off cruising in 2nd gear at about 1900 rpm and then floor it.
If 2nd goes by too fast for you, then 3rd gear will be the only way to get a good accurate picture of what your airflow numbers are so you would do the same thing, start cruising at 2000 rpm and then floor it to the redline if you are at an area where it would be safe to do so on the freeway.

Okay, I finally did some datalogged runs! Sorry it's taken so long. There should be 6-10 good 3rd-gear pulls in the 5 logs I did.

Where do I e-mail the logs to? I didn't see a way to send attachments in PMs.

My software still stops receiving data after anywhere from 15-200+ seconds though. I think I have the latest LiveLink (3.1 Build 31), which does work better than the previous version. Anyone else have this problem?

Marty

Back