• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

ideling engine, jumpy

lubas79

CEG'er
99 csvt
1 year ago I replaced battery and alternator,
2 years ago fuel pump replaced
since 2 yeard 25k miles

when I drive the loghts are dimming from 3.5k to 1.5k RPM's, same way the engine idels sunchronised with the light.

need some ideas, I thing it's an alterantor or electirc fuel pump

thank you

happy new year

checked battery it's going from 12.5 down to 11.99 volts

whenthe engine is running it's about 14.5 and 11.94 volts

please help

Wiring issue or need new alternator (and maybe new battery).

Check battery cables from terminal to alternator, to Power Distribution Box, from terminal to ground.

Edit. Also check Fuse 5 (fuse holder) and foglamp housing condition.

checked battery it's going from 12.5 down to 11.99 volts

whenthe engine is running it's about 14.5 and 11.94 volts

please help

I would take the battery to some place like autozone, and have them test it, and see if your battery is still good. Or take it to where ever you bought it from, if it's still under warranty. Then if that isn't the problem... if I remember correctly your voltage shouldn't be dropping below 12v when the car is running. I'm pretty sure of that one, could be wrong though..... That's about all I can think of for now..... if I think of anything I'll post though..

i did not check anything today but I took it for a ride and
when I got it warm and let the engine rn on neutral
lights still dim and with the dim the engine sounds different( I guess drops rpm's) at the same time.

battery I checked again and keeps 12v and alternator still the same.

I will check the grounds tomorrow.

happy new year.

one more thing when I start the car(cold or not) ale the lights (dashbord, headlights) dim on and off. afret about 30 seconds the light dims every three second and the engine chenges rpms at the same time

maybe this will help

Back