• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Wheelskin Inc Leather Steering Wheel Cover Group Buy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what one does everbody think would go better with the prarie tan interior, sand or oak? I cant decide. I know its personal preference but....

I was thinking mabye both on the euro skin

My initial thought is that might look weird. Although at the same time I'm thinking they might compliment each other well. Seeing how I do not have a tan interior I can't really give an opinion, but would just order the samples and compare it first hand like I did.

I just ordered mine, all blue. Is there any special tricks to use when installing this other than using heavy gloves?

I just ordered mine, all blue. Is there any special tricks to use when installing this other than using heavy gloves?

I just asked Don the same thing here was what he replied with:

Don @ DC CarCare said:
Mike,

The instructions for the basic loop stitch come with the cover, and I have detailed instructions for several types of double needle stitch options on the web site under Car Care Tips, there is also a link on my Wheelskins pages.

The loop stitch is easiest for a first time installation and looks good. Take your time and if you don't like the way it turns out, cut the stitches off and e-mail me for more thread.

I can also send the Contour people leather samples if they need them.

Thanks again.

Don Mallinson
DC CarCare
http://www.dccarcare.com

Hey all.

I didn't know you were working with Don on this. He's a great guy and I'll vouch for him personally. He is an avid SHO enthusiast and was also a member of the board of our local SVTOA chapter. He is also very active with on-track events and has even been an instructor at a few. I have breakfast with him once a month at our monthly SVTOA gathering.

Regards,

Sheesh... how did I not see this GB? I've been wanting/needing a wheelskin for a while... so I'll get in on this (as long as it's not too late). I just need to decide on the color(s).

Is everyone just installing over the existing leather, or have some people cut the OEM leather off? All the pics I've seen are with the wheelskin over the existing leather.. if anyone has pics with just the wheelskin on the wheel, I'd like to see them!

I just pulled my wheelskin cover off to reapply it. Make sure you guys inspect yours because mine must have been crooked on the hole punching track. There are some sections where there aren't holes to stitch through. Also, where it folds over itself on the edges, one section wasn't glued properly and came apart. Just sharing my experience. Besides those small things, I love the look of it!

90 day warranty on these from wheelskins so don't wait to send them back for an exchange if you are unhappy.

I just got mine today. The leather is actually a bit darker then the leather swatch I got in the past. I'd say this is d@mn near a perfect match to the midnight blue interior.

I'll post pics when I get it on!

I got mine yesterday. Shipping was really fast, i got the wheelskin before I even got the reciept mailed to me. I am going to put it in tomorrow.

lets get some pics up

I'm going to have to wait for a warmer day where I have 5 hours to kill. I'm going to attempt that baseball stitch. I want it to look like the factory one. I also have a way I think to get the cover to tie into the wheel around the spokes so that you don't end up having to do the 'dummy' stitches. I'm going to try to get it to tuck in under the spokes. Anyway it probably won't be till Sunday this weekend when I get to it. Because I don't get MLK day off from work.

I just installed mine, it took about 2 hours. I did the basic stitch that the instructions were about. It looks good, I did miss a stitch though around one of the spokes that messed up the end a bit, but you can't notice it unless you are looking for it. I would have taken pics but by the time I was done it was dark out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back