• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Wheelskin Inc Leather Steering Wheel Cover Group Buy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSVT#49

Addicted CEG'er
Ok guys as promised I found a kickass deal on the steering wheel covers. As it turns out he runs an SHO Club and has a few friends that are on these Forums. He really cut us a deal check it out...

Don Mallinson @ DC CarCare said:
Mike,

Thanks for contacting DC CarCare for your Wheelskins needs.

Yes, I can work a group price, right now I have if not the lowest price around, it is very close. Also my shipping is below most.

But I will go a little better for a Contour group. You see I also run the Ford Taurus SHO club: SHO Club, and have many friends in the CEG and other groups like SVT and the Taurus Car Club.

Here is what I will do:

Original single color Wheelskins: Suggested Retail (SR): $44.95, My Everyday Price (MEP): $28.95, Contour Deal (CD): $26.95

Eurotone Two-Tone covers: SR: $49.95, MEP: $33.95, CD: $30.95

EuroPERF Two-Tone covers with Perf look: SR: $54.95, MEP: $38.95, CD: 35.95

I will still offer my superb shipping deal, US Post Office Priority Mail, $5 for one Wheelskin, $6 for two or three, $8.00 for Four or Five, by quote for more than that.

To order, just put "Contour Group" in the COMMENTS Section of the on-line order form, or mention it when you call toll-free: 1-877-444-5504.

NOTE: I offer personal service from the owner (me) and I have been around selling WHeelskins for over a dozen years. I offer an unconditional return/exchange/refund policy.

Also, I offer free second thread kits so you and other Contour owners can do special stitches that are outlined on my web site.

I offer a free tech service if you want to talk about fit/installation: 1-309-444-8570, please use the toll-free number for orders only, or send an E-mail.

Thanks for considering DC CarCare

Don Mallinson, President
DC CarCare

So with that Lets get a list going!! From the sounds of it you can just order, but lets get 10 people on a list before that happens just to ensure we get the deal.

Things to note, the Contour/Mystique is a SIZE C steering wheel cover.

Is there a color better than their dark blue?
I bought a euro perf with blue sides and black top and bottom. Looked good but didn't quite match.
10508363193.jpg

excuse the crappy installation, I've removed it and reinstalled it with much better results.

Here is the link for the original, Euro-Tone and EuroPERF

Pictures of each:

Original:
originalwheelskinnz9.jpg

Euro:
euroti7.jpg

EuroPERF:
europerfek2.jpg

Here are the pictures I posted in the other Forum. The "blue" seems to match the best. However you can order color swatches to compare for yourself HERE by clicking in the bottom right hand corner under "Click to request FREE actual leather color sample swatches. " and they state "Wheelskins will mail your color samples within 24 hours".

Shown against my Lotek A-pillar pod painted MB
gaugepod2od.jpg

Against the interior
midnightblue9bs.jpg

Closeup of the tan samples
tan8dn.jpg

Last edited:
Mine came out alright, albeit not perfect. There are a few areas where I didn't pull tight enough so there is a gap on the inside. Hardly noticeable but bugs me. Also, the leather started coming unglued where it folds over itself on the edge so I couldnt thread it. This is in the bottom right spoke. I'll fix it all up when I get more ambitious. If you can have someone hold the leather together on the inside while you thread, it should make it alot easier! I love it though and FWIW, wheelskins will send you a free replacement needle and thread whenever you want.

DSC00380.jpg

1.Frosty
2.CSVT#49
3.Icefury
4.muskamike

I'm in as well, though what is shipping to Canada? Sorry if this was covered. And does anyone have before aftershot with midnight blue interior? I want to see if the black or blue looks best, because they are both off slighty from the actual midnight blue color.

Thanks.

I'll keep checking to see when we should all order.

I am in. EuroPerf with the dark blue on the handles and black on the top and bottom. Let me know when you need the money Mike.

I am in. EuroPerf with the dark blue on the handles and black on the top and bottom. Let me know when you need the money Mike.

I won't be collecting the money, you'll be able to order it yourself online. Once we have 10 orders or close to it I'll check back with Don at DC CarCare and make sure everything is good to go and then everyone can order per his instructions :)

I'm in as well, though what is shipping to Canada? Sorry if this was covered.

I just got this email from Don

Don @ DC CarCare said:
Mike,

Don't worry about the 10 order thing, I will be happy with whatever orders you can round up!

Shipping to Canada would be $8.95 by Global Priority Mail. (4-6 days usually).

Thanks again for sending some business my way!

Don Mallinson
DC CarCare
http://www.dccarcare.com

Looks like we can all put our orders it right away!

I just ordered mine. Just a heads up the note "Contour Group" goes in the comment under the payment section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back