• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Good new for my mechanical abilities

XCondorX

New CEG'er
Lancaster County Pennsylvania in a little Hick tow
Well as some of you know I ran into a wall in my clutch installation. I could not get the clutch to disengage. I dropped the trans twice, upgraded the mastercylinder to match the heavy duty pressure plate and bled about a gallon of brake fluid through the system and nothing worked. So I finally got stessed out enough that I broke down, put it back together and dropped it off at the garage.
I recieved good news from the garage yesterday. It turns out I am a good mechanic after all. I did everything perfect. I was given eather the wrong pressure plate or else one that was too thick. But, at least it's getting fixed and it will be on the road early next week. So hopefully I will run into some of the local Lancaster people very soon.

Wrong pressure plate, bummer.
Glad you got eveyrthing squared away and all is good.
Again, congrats on doing the job yourself. Good job!

Thanx for The congrats. More good news, I got my car back on Tuesday and it's freakin sweet. I love the new exhaust that I put on and never got to try out. Everything seem to be in good working order except for the upside down steering wheel. That was my fault not the shop.

WooHoo! I'm glad you're happy with the way the car runs and sounds. :cool:

What kind of exhaust did you put on?

You correctly installed a clutch the first time out but put the steering wheel on upside down? :crazy: Just messin' with ya. ;) Things happen.

You're in Lancaster...are you coming to the meet tomorrow at Sonic?

CRAP, too bad it had to be today, if it wasn't my brithday I would have been there. I'll keep my eye out for the next meet and I'll be there. Also I put a 3 chamber flowmaster on and hollowed the cat. I need to get a cheater O2 sencor to smooth out the idle (but for right now it sounds like I have a huge cam in it) :laugh:

Happy Birthday!
Maybe we can help you troubleshoot this issue: What's going on with the idle? We installed MIL eliminators and it did nothing to change the idle.
Are the spark plugs in the right sequence?

Well my focus did the same thing to me when I gutted the cat. it just sounds like there is a monster cam in it, the RPM's bounce from about 800 - 1000 RPM's at idle. When I went to McNews and got the cheater sensor, put it in and reset the computer it cleared right up. I'm going up there Tuesday to get one and it should help it, I need one to pass the emissions test anyway. If it doesn't work I'll let you know and we can go from there. But thanx a lot for everything.

I was thinking about the re-setting the computer thing and was going to post this morning. Seems that you'll be doing this when you get the MIL eliminator though, hopefully all will be fine then.
We expect to see you at the next meet. :)

Good deal. :)
What dates do you have available? We need another meet before winter sets in.

Back