• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

any pics of this?

I like that. If I ever get one of those, thatll be the way I do mine. I am more worried about the antenna and keeping it so no one can/will mess with it.

Currently, I have the car antenna laying on the rear shelf next to the third brake light. It does an ok job there and only loses a signal when I dip into a valley. I have a better car antenna with a higher gain on order to see if that helps.

Here's a pic of my custom setup mounted down below above the cup holders, that isn't even hooked up. It's a tight setup but the guy that had it before me used it, and then unhooked it for some reason before he decided to sell the car. I plan to hook it back up sometime after I get some other things done with my car that i'd rather get done first.

http://www.geocities.com/kujhawk7185/raido.jpg

Ideally Id just get a display that was a DIN format and put it into the double din on the car, but Im thinking that would cost more (for that kind of unit).

SVTPHAT, are you meaning just a better antenna for the car or one for the XM radio? Can you use the car's antenna to pull in XM?

I installed the bracket over the weekend and spliced the power to the Sat radio to the head units power source. I hope to take pics in the next day or so.

No you can't get a satilite signal from a normal car antenna. You have to use one that comes with whatever reciever you get...

You never realize just how dirty your car interior is until you take pics at night with a flash.

Anyhow, here is my new setup:

sirius002Large.jpg

sirius003Large.jpg

sirius006Large.jpg

I have the old, rubber cup holders. We popped out the rubber insert and drilled the receiver straight into where the cup holders are. Looks really sweet and I get compliments on it all the time. The wires run along the side of the cup holders then underneathe the center console.

Sweet thing is, as soon as I don't want it, I can take it out and put the rubber insert right over the drilled holes :cool:

My antenna goes up the black windshield bracket and onto the roof. It gets the job done ;)

I have the old, rubber cup holders. We popped out the rubber insert and drilled the receiver straight into where the cup holders are. Looks really sweet and I get compliments on it all the time. The wires run along the side of the cup holders then underneathe the center console.

Sweet thing is, as soon as I don't want it, I can take it out and put the rubber insert right over the drilled holes :cool:

My antenna goes up the black windshield bracket and onto the roof. It gets the job done ;)

I almost went that route, but I value my cupholders too much. :)

I have the XM add on box that ties into the add-on port on the back on the headunit, then just hid the box under my cubby hole (pre-98 console). The anteanna is just routed through the dash and through the door.

I installed my XM under the radio and above the cupholders in my post 98. Didnt get in the way of anything and looked professional...

I installed my XM under the radio and above the cupholders in my post 98. Didnt get in the way of anything and looked professional...

was it difficult to use mounted all the way down there?

I already have a faceplate down there for the 20 gigabyte harddrive thats in the trunk. And the Cd player has a remote that controls them both. The satellite radio has a remote too, but I keep it in the glovebox because I havent mounted it yet. I like that one that clips under the dash though.
Also Didnt XM and Sirius Merge yesterday? I hope I get them both now.

For the same price.:cool:

Here's a pic of my install. It's actually quite easy to use because I can keep my hand on the shifter and change the stations. The only danger is having to look down whenever I'm driving.

Attachments

• IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back