• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

a new low # svt

Looks good except for that.

BTW its a jack point cover and there are a few floating around here somewhere.

Man, I wish I had an SVT.

He's my neighbor! Ben said that he took it to a junk yard? Guess not! Small world

Haha, I need to talk to him about calling me a junk yard! It actually was impounded by the tow company and I think they were threatening to take it to the junk yard, but I bought it off him and paid to get it unimpounded!

Jeff

He said it was at a lot and then some guy came out and took a look at it and said it was totalled. He wanted to part it out but didnt have the room.

He said it was at a lot and then some guy came out and took a look at it and said it was totalled. He wanted to part it out but didnt have the room.

He didn't even have collision on it... so I'm not sure why a guy would come out to tell him it is totalled!?!? Oh well. I have it now and it is coming apart piece by piece. Engine and trans will be out in a week, or whenever I get a few hours!

Oh it is T-red and stock :drool:

No moonroof though. Seems a lot of early-number T-reds have no moonroof.

They probable ran into a problem or something

I doubt it man, people saw the opposite that the early builds were quality built and the later on they turned crappy. I mean so far (knock on wood) my car runs really really well for being 10 years old..:shrug:

Ya my friend with #5959 just got his car totalled from an accident.

oh ben, yeah... that stinks

I actually test drove E0 #2 ..it was like brand new only 30K miles guy wanted 10K for it.. couldnt afford it..being im only 17 >=(

It was so nice.. my dad thought about buying it.

Well theres a huge gap in between. So i just assumed there was a problem. But it could have been that they were focusing on other cars like building the Focus!?

Well theres a huge gap in between. So i just assumed there was a problem. But it could have been that they were focusing on other cars like building the Focus!?

press cars, many of early ones are believed to be for the press as well to test out..their feedback prolly allowed them to do some tweaks for the second batch of cars to be made..:shrug: just a thought

oh ben, yeah... that stinks

I actually test drove E0 #2 ..it was like brand new only 30K miles guy wanted 10K for it.. couldnt afford it..being im only 17 >=(

It was so nice.. my dad thought about buying it.

Where did the guy live?

Ford builds new cars (and variants) in batches before they begin full-on build. The first few were probably built in an early batch, with a gap, then the rest after the new model build launch.

Back