• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

AC Low side service port

Vato2002

New CEG'er
Does anybody know if the low side service port can be removed at the aluminum sleeve the plastic valve tip came off was wondering :shrug: if i can replace original with a new sleeve & schrader valve:eek: It's now leaking around the cap very very slowly:mad: any help would be appreciated do not want to try & see if it comes loose the wrong way???:eek:
Thanks

are you talking about the stem itself or the outer sleeve i couldnt tell if the inner side of the sleeve is threaded i will check cause the original stem was plastic thanks

There is a plastic dust cover that screws onto the outside. Once that removed, there is a schrader in the center of the now exposed internal threaded tube. The threaded tube is part of a whole assembly, if not leaking at the schrader itself you will be changing a bigger part.

Ok was the original valve plastic or metal because when i pulled the quick connect off the access port a rounded piece of plastic or rubber was down in there and looked like it was the stem of the schrader?? I will take a look at it later today & will report back Thanks for all the input

First of all what year are we talking about? Secondly the whole thing should be metal with the plastic dust cap that threads on the outside. When you say quick connect are you talking about the dust cap or something else?

Part of the plastic dust cover has broken off in the stem. It covers the schrader and has to come out. 134A ports have no outside threads. The threads are inside. All 134A ports are quick connect.

So there is a plastic cover over the schrader stem cause it looks like a ball style cause when you look down the access port its solid black & looks like a ball seating against the bottom. Should i just fish the black plastic out of the way to acess the schrader to remove it. It definately is not like my ford truck was?? by the way its a 96 V6

Try to fish the black plastic out before trying anything. Then try a valve tool to see if you can get the valve to unscrew.

Back